• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ccwalsh

1. C

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Thank you, I checked it out but it doesn't specifically mention the orchestra. I may need to check further afield than Bournville.
  2. C

Hi, he worked in Cadbury's although I'm not sure which part of the factory. He worked this whole working life apart from during the war when he was a policeman.
  3. C

My Grandad,s name was Cyril Cooper and he played either violin or viola and his father Harry Cooper who played the cornet. I don't know anyone else on the photo.
  4. C

OK, Thanks, I will have to keep on digging to see what I can find out about 1930s orchestras in Birmingham
  5. C

Does anyone know if this photo is taken outside one of the Bournville factories? I am trying to find out if this orchestra was something to do with Cadburys as my Grandad worked for them, and he is in the photo with his father. Maybe it is the orchestra with Bournville Musical society? Any info...
Back