• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by cazza63

1. cazza63

Do i need to pay for records from st edwards home? (father hudson homes)

My Grand-Dad was with Fr Hudsons homes in Coleshill and I phoned them up and managed to get his files (copies) no charge. Grand-Dad was sent to Canada as an 8 year old in 1912. Hope you get yours with no charge
  2. cazza63

Railway tavern, Sparkbrook

Hi. I am hoping these boards are still read often. I have been doing family research and have my step Grandfathers WW1 records. After being discharged due to injuries received in battle he moved to Kyrwicks Lane in particular number 10, Railway Terrace. His name was John Sumner and he lived...
  3. cazza63

Summers, ellen

Hello Wendy and thanks for taking the trouble in looking. I know Gran lived 1/17 Upper Highgate Street in Birmingham for a while. It does seem that Aunty Nellie moved to 180c Great barr street after Gran died but not sure when exactly. It looks like Gran never moved from Upper Highgate st when...
  4. cazza63

Summers, ellen

Hi Alberta. Yes that's my 'lot' James' wife Elizabeth was actually Jewish but her family disowned her as she married a catholic man. Their son James was actually the father of James Callaghan ex PM. One or two skeletons in the cupboard which I found recently...Thanks for posting Cazza
  5. cazza63

Summers, ellen

Thank you astonian for replying. It seems that my maternal and paternal families lived very close to each other in the Aston area of Brum and they all seemed to move around quite often. Just a case of finding where Gran now lies. Thanks again Cazza
  6. cazza63

Summers, ellen

I am looking for my Great Grandmothers possible burial place. Her name was Ellen Garoghan born around 1886 ish, her first marriage was to John Henry Dolan though he passed away quite young so it seems (I would love to find his burial area too if possible). Her second husband was John Summers...
Back