• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Carolynn

1. C

Stourport

These were taken at Stourport around late 50s. Can anyone make them any clearer, I would be most grateful. Thanks
  2. C

Nan's Health Warning...1947...

Dennis worse still - you could have looked like Harpo Marx
  3. C

Enid Goodwin Dance School

I started to learn ballroom at Nineveh Dance Studios and then moved on to Enid Goodwin and I can remember the kiss waltz as well. I used to go with my brother and his mates. It was a very different quick step they did there as to anywhere else I have been to, but I always remember learning and...
  4. C

Eat your crusts and you will get curly hair
  5. C

Park Road Hockley

Ted, Tommy Pagett really rings a bell with me - did have he any connections in Ford Street?
  6. C

Clothes & shoes of yesteryear

Bernard no :cry: or should it be :)
  7. C

If you inadvertently swallowed something like a cherry stone, we were told you would get appendicitis
  8. C

Ray you are lucky you still have the figure of a young man
  9. C

Do you remember in the 60s when they used to wear the tie above the tiepin which was holding the shirt collar together?
  10. C

I was told if you touched broken egg shells you would get warts
  11. C

Whilst I was watching Henry VIII on TV he made someone a Knight of the Garter and then I thought my dad used to wear garters to keep his socks up. Does anyone still use them? Also do men still use tiepins, cufflinks, fob and watches, arm bracelets, collar studs? I am sure someone on this...
  12. C

Park Road Hockley

Does anyone have any photos of 96 Park Road, this was almost opposite Abbey Street and was a small shop. Friends of mine had this shop in the 50s. Thanks
  13. C

Birmingham buses

I am not sure whether this has been posted, but if it has, sorry for the duplication. www.dereksbusphotos.fotopic.net
  14. C

Birmingham buses

Ragga do you think it is Gt Charles Street
  15. C

Sutton Park

We caught 29A from Hockley Brook. Pop bottle and all.
Back