• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by carolina

1. C

Ford Street Hockley

Here is Eric's version he painted for me. When we lived there the lamp post was in front of our house not over the road as shown on the original picture.
  2. C

Ford Street Hockley

No not me sorry
  3. C

Ford Street Hockley

I still keep in contact with Sheila. This is me and your mom dancing at Sheila's 21st
  4. C

Ford Street Hockley

Hi Mike, I was your mom's friend. You can see a lady on the doorstep then just down from her you can see a little shop which was No 10 Ford Street, your nans house was just up an entry at the side of No 11
  5. C

All Saints Church Winson Green

All Saints School/Church would be classed as Hockley and not Winson Green
  6. C

Charlotte Hobson aka Cynthia

Im sorry to say that Cynthia who you may remember and often turned up to the meets, sadly passed away last weekend. RIP Cynthia.
  7. C

Enid Goodwin Dance School

It was certainly a different quick step style to what I had learned at Nineveh Road
  8. C

THE WINTERS OF 47 AND 63

Yes I think they would cope, probably moan about it but didnt we all
  9. C

Microsoft Edge

Jukebox, thank you so much. I have gone through all the apps that mention Microsoft edge and changed default to Chrome, so fingers crossed it has worked. I will let you know.
  10. C

Microsoft Edge

Yes I use Chrome -
  11. C

Microsoft Edge

Whenever I open my laptop its Google which I like, but then it starts reverting to Microsoft Edge which I dont like so I reopen Google to use, but the same thing happens again. Can Microsoft Edge be uninstalled or is there any other way I can bypass it. (Windows 11) Thanks
  12. C

GET WELL SOON ERIC....(cookie273uk)

Get well soon Eric
  13. C

Groups We Have Seen Live

I watch Jools Holland and thought Andy Fairweather Lowe looked like Phil Collins. I remember seeing him a few years ago with Eric Clapton at the ICC
  14. C

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

My Uncle worked there
Back