• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Carol mitchell

1. C

Baskerville residential school/ hospital Yewcroft School

Thanks for your prompt reply l am looking for years between 1955 to 1961.
  2. C

I understand your philsopy. I am just trying to find any body who attended Baskerville at the same time as me, l also went to Malvern but your mother sounds older than.
  3. C

Hi Viv, did you attend the School l was living there from 1955 to 1961. I would be interested if you have memories to share. Carol.
  4. C

Hi, I lived near the Shakespeare end, there was a little shop opposite my house called Patrick's, run by a elderly lady. It's a shame it's all very different now. Which School did you attend after Steward St. My Dad worked in Spencer St, the jewellery quarter, Hockley.Carol.
  5. C

Hi Brian, not related, but l attended Steward St School, and l loved going to the shop you are talking about. At the time l lived in St Marks St. Ladywood. I did not mind you asking me, it's lovely that l can speak to someone who may share the same memories as me. Carol.
  6. C

Hi Brian, l do remember Nurse Bell, do you remember the different colours we had to wear to say what we capable of doing like badges but made of cloth ?. Bye Carol.
  7. C

Hi I'm Carol l was at Baskerville from 1955 to 1961 had hole in the heart. I have lovely memories of my time there.
  8. C

I was at Baskerville school from 1955 to 62 l remember it with fond memories. I recall bonfire nights watching from our dormitories with hot chocolate, also the shows we put on l was a black & minstrel.
Back