• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Carmel Reaney

1. C

Streetly School of Equitation Manor Rd

Hi Jane I remember you I am one of the sisters that used to walk Simon to the school cos he would drag kids to the feed buckets lol. I'm Carmel Reaney and my sister was Therese.
  2. C

Hi Caron it's Carmel Reaney I was only thinking about you yesterday, we did have so much fun there didn't we. I remember you well . How are you?
  3. C

Yes the boy was Timothy Bourton and his beautiful show pony was Damson.
  4. C

Yes I found the school in 1967 after we moved to Chester Road. My sister and I loved it and would all our free hours there. Brocks horses were in the block next to tack room. There was Sampson a big bay who bit a few people, and a big black. Mare called Spot, school horses and Cefn a privately...
  5. C

You were there when I was as I remember. Barbara Shelley was a private groom for the Willeys. So she looked after Romulus, Remus, her own grey and jaquie and Alan Roses horse Miranda a big bright bay mare. Romulus and Remus disappeared and Mike bought Dino a beautiful bright chestnut 15.3...
  6. C

Yes. I moved to Streetly when I was 10 and found this gem of a place. I had 11 riding lessons for my 11th.birthday. The Colonel had retired but he was still seen at the stables he was a knowledgeable and foreboding man that I never saw smile. Linda an Mike Willey took this place over. I...
Back