• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Carl 80's throwback

1. Carl 80's throwback

boogies nite club john bright stree 1980`s 1990`s

I remember it well, I used to go there in the 80's. Head doorman was a guy called Nobby Nobbs, owned and run by Eddie Fewtrell.
  2. Carl 80's throwback

The Night Out, Holloway Head

Visited the Night out many times in the 80's, I saw the following there. The Nolans The Dooleys The Stylistics Rose Royce Hot Chocolate On one visit we shared a table with Michelle Newman ex Central News presenter and her friend Martin Jenks. The compare was a guy called Graham ...
  3. Carl 80's throwback

Memories of early Duran Duran gigs (1980-1981)

Hi I went to the gig at the Odeon on their Faster than light tour, great gig and a fantastic atmosphere, the place really did come to life. I went on to handle and organise their band and personal security later on in life, starting with their Reunion Tour in 2004 to present. Great guys...
  4. Carl 80's throwback

Anyone Remember Pagoda Park

Me and my girlfriend, now wife were regular visitors to Pagoda Park in the 80's. We have great memories. If you used to go to the club, share your memories.
  5. Carl 80's throwback

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Hi Lyn Thank you for the picture of the pub, I really enjoyed going there back in the days. Another of the pubs was the Minerva and the Whitehouse, I've been in the Whitehouse since but that's it. I think the Queens was an Ansells pub back in the late 70's early 80's. Thank you for the...
  6. Carl 80's throwback

Great photo Astoness, memories flood back. Thank you for that.
  7. Carl 80's throwback

Blues party's in the 70's, ah good memories. Crompton Road where I lived had it's fair share but, Brecon Road, Mayfield Road, Putney Road etc all had blues hosts too. Talking about paying for entrance, what about the nightclubs in the 80's and 90's charging big money for entrance at Christmas...
  8. Carl 80's throwback

Hi I know the Jerk Pork place, I never visited it but I knew of it. The Shah Bagh did have that sudonym also, happy memories of the trendy Bombay Duck as a starter there. They've just carried out a renovation of the old Kohinoor Restaurant on Bristol Street, just up from the Shah Bagh. It...
  9. Carl 80's throwback

Astonian, I noticed your thread "Farm Street, Hockley" I used to drink in the Queens with Paul Mooney, Louis, Eugine etc, do these names ring any bells with you.
  10. Carl 80's throwback

I'm really enjoying this forum. Ok people here goes. Does anyone remember the following: An Indian restaurant on Bristol Street called "The Shah Bhah" I had my first brummie curry in there in 1980, fantastic. Mathews Electronics, Hurst Street. This shop was run by a guy called Keith, top...
  11. Carl 80's throwback

Hi Alan I adore West Indian food. Birmingham is starting to get its fair share of Caribbean takeaways and restaurants. I've only joined this forum today, and I want to put my memories of growing up in Birmingham in the 70's, to present. A great city with great people. I'm the old school...
  12. Carl 80's throwback

I was going to the Ridgeway, The Monte Carlo and the Rialto back in the late 70's, great nights. On leaving all of the above I used to go to Mama Gees "Rustie Lees dumpling shop on Soho Hill" does anyone remember that.
  13. Carl 80's throwback

Hi does anyone remember Pagoda Park in the late 80,s early 90's. The general mangers were Peter Clements vollowed by Mike Hillkeen. This was an excellent club over 3 floors, DJ on a lift. Fantastic days.
Back