• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by buzzeebee

1. B

Tolkien's Birmingham

Tolkien attended King Edward's School when he arrived in Birmingham but was removed to save money in the family. In April 1902 he started at St Philips School next to the Oratory. He only stayed one term or so because after coaching by his mother he got a free scholarship back to King Edward's...
  2. B

Baxters Bolt and Rivet Works

Hi All While researching another Baxter family for a friend, I came across the following paragraph published in The London Gazette of 17 November 1916 (Issue:29828 Page: 11189): "Notice is hereby given, that the partnership heretofore carried on between us, the undersigned, Frederick Baxter...
Back