• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bushbaby

1. B

cato street

Phil it was a pub not an outdoor.... don't know real name but nickname monkey house .
  2. B

Old tram routes in birmingham

Dave A ..many thanks Dave..sometimes people just don't want to be corrected.. and I feel that regardless they should be if you are only correcting them..as other people would be inclined to believe them that trams ran down Park Lane IF they did not have any knowledge of the area.. . But thanks...
  3. B

Great Tindal Street Ladywood

Oh my goodness Nimrod 1947... I have not been on here for ages..and saw your original post again..and because I never heard from you well I have just about 20mins ago sent near enough the same message again.. then carried on reading other things..and then I saw your reply from last year.. and it...
  4. B

Hi nimrod 1947.. Well well so you must be PATRICK SLANEYS cousin and his sister DIANE..? I knew exactly where they lived ..was in their house many a time.. I would love to know whereabouts he is now .. someone told me years ago he saw him drinking at the black horse in Northfield.. .they lived...
  5. B

Ladywood In The 1870s

Hello pat.. yes there was a Tindal St in those years.. it was on the other side of Gt Tindal St where it crossed Saint Vincent st .. Tindal st then had it's name changed to BROWNING ST.. I lived in Great Tindal St at the top part by monument rd.. hope this meets you well..stay safe and...
  6. B

Old tram routes in birmingham

Hi there Astonian.. can you please help me with this question that I'm asking and this is it..... did trams go along PARK LANE.. .. that's my question.. I lived in Aston a long time and even looking back at old pics of park lane I ca not see any tram lines at all... I'm sure a tram come down...
  7. B

Broad Street Hospital

St Chads Hospital was on HAGLEY ROAD
  8. B

Aston Tavern, Aston Hall Road

Hi there..i have only just saw your post..and I also lived on Aston hall rd. I lived right next door to Props service station the little grey haired lady run it...what number did you live in..stay stay safe and alert God bless
  9. B

Hi nimrod 1947... well well so your family to the Slaneys.. I knew Patrick Slaney.. not sure maybe his sister was called diane.. there was a little shop beside them and Wrensons on the corner.. they lived over the road from the familys called Harrisons and Flemings..the last i heard Patrick was...
  10. B

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Hi.. does anyone on here have a connection with a member called Goldie.. as i saw her post about her neighbour being born in the pub The Minerva Vaults pub in Gt Hampton Row.. and wanted a picture..if anyone could please put me in touch with her.. I am a ex landlady of that pub..xx
  11. B

New John Street West & New John Street

Hi lyn..its been a good while since i have really been on here... Yes i lived in NJSW and to try and explain ..well here goes...if you were standing on the corner og where the picture house was ..where part of it is on new town row and the side of it is on NJSW..well walk about a 50 yards down...
  12. B

I lived at 4/9 new john st West.. from 1948 till 1953..if you have any pictures i would be grateful to see... and yes elkington st crossed over to blew st and park...from bushbaby..
  13. B

Hi Hi lyn i know its a very long ago post..but i lived 4/9new john st West.. the picture house was on the corner of new town row and went down the side of.new john st west.. that was opposite were i lived.. would be so greatful if you could post the picture again . Or anyone else who saw this...
  14. B

hi topsy.. just come on here .saw this post from 2012 but no picture.. my family come from belfast and i also was born there ..we come here in 48 and lived at 4back of nine New John St West.. so would love to see that picture if still available.. we left the in 53 .stay safe and stay alert my...
Back