• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution
BrummieGeoff
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• BrummieGeoff
      Re-posted .... 1. Mary Street, Balsall Heath 2. Dale End 3. Five Ways, Edgbaston
      • Balsall Heath Mary Street (136) Horse Bus 1.jpg
      • Dale End Horse Bus 1.jpeg
      • Edgbaston Five Ways Broad Street (Islington Row junction) 1.jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread Birmingham Library 1865.
      I believe this painting by Edward R Taylor shows the reading room in the first Central Library opened in 1865 .... that was destroyed by...
      • Central Library interior reading room (artwork Edward R Taylor) 1881.jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread Balsall Heath..
      This painting by Samuel Wright dated 1799 shows the house of Henry Homer that once stood on the Moseley Road in Balsall Heath .... where...
      • 1833 Balsall Heath & Highgate.jpg
      • Balsall Heath Moseley Road later Lime Grove site (Henry Homer residence) (artwork Samuel Wrigh...jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      In addition to the front retail area, the DFC also had an "all you can eat" buffet restaurant. I went there a few times in the late...
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Corporation Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
      not sure if this has been posted before...corporation st gully possibly a pubs lamp on the right lyn
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread Corporation Street.
      Lyn : good photo .... I believe it's a view of The Gullet, near to its junction with Silver Street. Here's another photo of the same...
      • The Gullet (from corner of Silver Street) (James Burgoyne) 1875.jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread The Cadbury Family.
      I don't think this James Burgoyne photo of Bull Street has appeared on this thread yet. Dated c1875 just before Corporation Street was...
      • Bull Street (James Burgoyne) 1875 (5).jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread Newhall Street.
      A view looking up Newhall Street from Bread Street (later Cornwall Street) to Edmund Street, dated as c1887. Presumably these buildings...
      • Newhall Street (Bread Street junction, looking towards Edmund Street) 1887.jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      BrummieGeoff replied to the thread Tram terminus at Saltley.
      A great old photo of a steam tram at the terminus outside the Carlton Theatre in Saltley Road.
      • Saltley Saltley Road Steam Tram Terminus (in front of Carlton Theatre.jpg
    • BrummieGeoff
      I believe this is an early photo of the same building, that later became St Anne's School. It's tagged as Duddeston Hall - dated c1867 -...
      • Duddeston Devon Street Duddeston Hall (aka Duddeston House, later St Anne's Schools) (Henry J ...png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back