• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brummiebri

1. B

Back to backs in Ladywood

Hi all - thanks for the great memories and reminicenses the thread has created. I do remember a great sense of community spirit even though i was only young when i lived there. Our house had two rooms downstairs (posh !) with a sort of short alley under the stairs between the rooms. One side of...
  2. B

Hi fellowkev sadly I was too young to remember the names of families in the street, though i do remember the family next door to us were the Duffy's, though why that sticks in my head i have no idea. The picture is great, thanks for posting it. You mention Ernie Fellows being a big drinker -...
  3. B

Hi all I was born and lived the first five years of my life in St Marks Street, Ladywood. My Nan lived in Alexander Street. Even now, 50 years later I can clearly remember the layout of the back to back houses, the yards, the alleys and the streets, but has anyone got pictures of the area from...
  4. B

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

I've read somewhere that one of the claims to fame for the original Rose and Crown pub in Rubery was that Buffalo Bill stayed there when his show visited the the Bromsgrove area - it might just be an old wives tale - anyone got any firm evidence?
Back