• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Brumi61

1. B

Lea Village Boys Secondary Modern School

I looked on Freinds Reunited & there seems to be boys on the Lea Village page. They referreed to the "Leader mag" so it must be your school mate! Have a look. Coppied a picture off Friends attached.
  2. B

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

LOL! Longmeadow Girls was just down the road. Football keeps a lad out of trouble i reckon!
  3. B

Alderlea Secondary School

Alderlea was a ALL boys school. Andy
  4. B

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

Did you know a Steve Daniels? My brother went to Central Grammar but not sure when he left. My sister went to Byng Kenryck. I never did 11+ and went to Alderlea!
  5. B

Smiths Industries

My Dad Ken Daniels worked there for many years untill he retired. I remember visiting "Linkula" with him on a Saturday morning. Said to myself - not going to work in a factory. Ended up at GKN Hardy Spicer - LOL
  6. B

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

Key Hill Brian - What year did you leave Central?
  7. B

Alan Tucker - member of this forum

If its the one and the same Alan Tucker ( Mr Tucker too me! or Sir!) he was my History teacher at Alderlea Boys 1973-78 period. History was a subject i enjoyed. A top bloke & sorry I never got to exchange some school memories.
  8. B

Alderlea Secondary School

What years did you teach at Alderlea & what subject?
  9. B

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

Alderlea Boys 1973-74 back row: Phil Moules, Peter Dolphin, Leroy Chambers, Andy Daniels,?Huckfield?,Roland Venables, Charlie Stokes. front row: Nick Withnall, Craig Conniff, Andy Canning, Richard mason, Andy Cole, Herman Wilson, ? not sure!
  10. B

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

I played for Alderlea in the 1977 Villa cup Final v Washwood Heath Comp ( at Bodymoor Heath) we won 1-0. We won the Blues cup in 1978 & lost in the final of the Trevor Gill Trophy in 1976 to Duddeston Manor 2-1. The Trevor Gill final was played at Villa Park - what an experience that was! We had...
  11. B

Bombing Birmingham

I read somewhere on another site that houses in Stechford Road were bombed, specifically 74 & 72 ( semi). I was born in 74 and someone told me they were bombed thats why they looked diiferent to the neighbours houses. In the late 70's the next door neigbour at 76 found an unxeploded bomb when...
  12. B

The Raven

The Raven changed to "The Wier" when i was there in the 80's - is it the Raven again. Sunday night we would be firts in the bar at opening time for a few games of darts then off to the Hunters Moon.
  13. B

Cabin Priory Circus.

55 bus used to stop outside. ----- 5 pints of lager please!
  14. B

The Yard of Ale

always stopped in here on our pub crawl, that started at "the Cabin" when we got off the 55 bus
Back