• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by BrumFellows

1. B

Josiah Parkes & Sons Stirchley

Hi..did anyone work at what was once Josiah Parkes & Sons, that was situated on Charlotte Road in Stirchley? I worked there from 1994 to when it closed down around 2001/2. I'm interested to see if anyone worked there and/or have any photographs of the exterior and interior as I can't find any...
  2. B

Ravenhurst Street, Cheapside

I'm looking for information regarding anyone who lived on Ravenhurst Street between 1930s to when the houses were pulled down. In particular, my grandparents and their children (Fellows) lived at number 82, moving in around 1947 or thereabouts. I'm also looking into the history of the house (82)...
  3. B

Blackshirts, Tupenny Pies, Holy Joe and Miss Lilly

In the first story my grandfather wrote, he made reference to different characters in Birmingham during his childhood. Around the Bull Ring he refers to 'Holy Joe'.."a man with long hair and a long beard, carrying banners on his chest and back". He refers to a rally at Nelson's Column and on one...
  4. B

Blackshirts, Tupenny Pies, Holy Joe and Miss Lilly

I have been researching my family tree and have, within a box of keep-sakes from my grandfather etc three documents about the above people in Birmingham. My g grandfather (Charles Fellows) wrote two stories and a poem that were all published in the local paper in Birmingham at the time but no...
  5. B

Fellows family history

Hi Yes the names all work out to what info I have. Haven't looked into the military information yet though.
  6. B

Alfred Fellows Cycle Shop

Hi Paul and others My great grandparents were also Alfred and Hinda Fellows. Their son Charles (Charlie) was my grandad. I have photos of them and the shop if you're interested? Regards Michael
  7. B

Fellows family history

That's great...thank you for getting in touch. I've found that John Win(c)kle Fellows as it has been recorded variably on census records, his father was also a John Winkle Fellows. I've got a family tree put together so far on ancestry UK and will add more to it.
  8. B

Fellows family history

I am researching my family tree and have the following information. My name is Michael Fellows my father was also Michael Fellows, son of Charles Fellows who was a child of Alfred Fellows and Hinda Fellows (maiden name Hoff). Alfred's father was William Henry Fellows and further back I have...
Back