• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brimar

1. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Hi Wendy & co, something that might interest you guys, when I heard a couple of years ago that they were going to bulldoze the rink and effectively build an apartment block with mini mall I was fairly racked off (for some reason one of the Brum Co councilors seems to have a 'bee in his bonnet...
  2. B

GRANGE ROAD, SMALL HEATH

Bank's definitely ran a fishing tackle shop in Green la, Melody's brother Paul (Triumph Vitesse convertable V6, the 'Herald' obviously not up to scratch) hung out at the ice rink with my older brothers, Banks sold air rifles as well, myself and brother bought BSA .22s and went down to Tyseley...
  3. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Update, those contact sites are https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23948873010 190+ members or https://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/SignedIn/TeamGroup.aspx?team_key=62595 about 90+members
  4. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

For interest there is a face book page at https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23948873010 set up by Darren, primarily for figure skaters 60s - 80s with about 150 members and around 300 photos, mostly figure skaters but lots of icescapade specials and some general skating pics. I presume...
  5. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Re: The Empire Rink, Walford Road, remember going there to watch wrestling matches in late '60s (friend of mine's mother used to work there in the canteen and got tickets) was always mid week, Tues / Wed so could have been a roller rink at the same time. Why not?, Blades was often used for...
  6. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

You must have got there late from stafford because 'Time is Tight' (Booker T & The MGs) used to open the session as well. you might want to check out for mens speed either 'The Sabre Dance' by Love Sculpture or 'America' by the Nice, mixed pairs nearly always 'Albatross' Fleetwood Mac, can't...
  7. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Yep to both, Tom is well, saw him on saturday at Mom's 90th birthday party (moms still going strong and still claims none of her out-of-line sons are to feckin big to get a clout - all of 5 foot nothing and just as contrary) remember the vikings well, trained with them on the thursday late...
  8. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Hi Baron, the original post with the names was mine, 'Brimar' & yes the Johnnie Morris is the same person, a good friend of my brother Pat (Kneeling directly in front of John in the cresta photo). I first met john at our house, where the gang collected before going to the away games and later...
  9. B

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Name Game: Ok Brian B. (Crispie) lets see how you do, Your starter for ten is: 'People from Silver Blades Ice Rink 1965 - 1980' You get a point for everyone you remember (N.B. any with 1st & surname are in the public domain, on the web already or people I know personally) starting from the top...
Back