• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Brandane

1. B

Police Horses

I worked and lived in single men’s at Bordesley Green 1959. The stables were at the back of the courtyard. a life long friend Mansel Chappel, a Sgt at the time, ended up in charge of the Mounted at Duke Street. I also worked at Coventry Rd and Sheldon. Left in 1964 for Toronto.
  2. B

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I left for Canada 1964. A life long friend Mansel Chapell who was a Sgt when we first met at Washwood Heath, ended up as an Inspector on the mounted working out of Duke Street. He joined in 1939 and joined the RAF ehere he was trained as a bomber pilot.
  3. B

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

I live in Canada. From 1959 to 1964 I was in the E Division and worked in Small Heath, bordesley green and sheldon where I was a DC. Working with DS ernie Needham. i recognize Eric Hayward I think from Sheldon, Beefy Osman who was on the area car. A real character. Dave Speake was a DC st...
Back