• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by boff

1. B

Juxon

hello Claire nice to meet you fellow Juxon relative, yes my grandmother was Grace Elizabeth Juxon i believe Grace was the youngest child of Charles and Martha Juxon when they lived in 40 Allesley street Aston Birmingham, Grace was pregnant with my father when she married James Henry Holland but...
  2. B

Newey Goodman Ltd Robin Hood Lane

just found this thread,my very first job on leaving school was at george goodmans in robin hood lane in 1956. i must say i have only the fondest memories of the company and all the people that worked there. as a fresh faced young 15 year old direct from yardley wood sec. mod. all boys school i...
  3. B

Juxon family allesley street,

hi phil from one retired layabout to another, thanks very much for your picture of allesley street, my grand mother and great grand parents used to live at no 40, as i have been doing family research for the rest of my family pctures of the area bring it to life especially for the younger...
  4. B

hi phil from one retired layabout to another, thanks very much for your picture of allesley street, my grand mother and great grand parents used to live at no 40, as i have been doing family research for the rest of my family pctures of the area bring it to life especially for the younger...
  5. B

has anyone pictures of allesley street aston in the area of no.40 if possible, and any info on the juxon family that lived there early 1900s
  6. B

Juxon

hi to all my grandmother was grace elizabeth juxon and in 1897 and very pregnant she married james henry holland. her mother, my great grandmother was martha juxon nee smith. my great grandfather was charles juxon. I have records back to the 1700s on the juxon family. the juxons lived at no 40...
  7. B

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

used to love brum nightlife mainly the clubs owned by the fewtrells namley, Rebbecas in severn street, Cedar club, Barbarellas,Abigails,used to know Bomber Fewtrell, Chris and Mark Cox on the door at Rebeccas. regards boff
Back