• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by bobsummers

1. bobsummers

Whisky A Go Go

Hello Spike and Mical, thanks for your interesting posts, Yes Spike your correct in your spelling for Ronnie's last surname and yes he's still about, and I do remember the incident with your white leather coat, Ronnie was worried that one of the heavy dudes there would nick it. If you need his...
  2. bobsummers

Whisky A Go Go

Hi Sean T I do remember those toilets and thanks for your post. We have had 2 major reunions in 2007 and 2012. We do have the occasional meet-up for drinks and a chat about old times. Unfortunately I don't think there will ever be another reunion as some of the hard core dude's have passed on to...
  3. bobsummers

Whisky A Go Go

More sad news to post that two of our dear friends and iconic dancers from the Whiskey have both passed away in the last few months Rob Marsh & Chrissie Wolsey. Both multi talented and good business men. Rob Marsh & Chrissy Wolsey.jpg
  4. bobsummers

Bespoke Tailoring

Sad to inform our members that one of the last bastions in Birmingham bespoke tailoring has passed away in November. Colin Callaghan who's shop was on the opposite side of the road to the Mail Box till his passing. Colin was born and bred in Moseley and went to Queensbridge Sec Mod. school. He...
  5. bobsummers

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Sorry Michaela can't help you on those class 1A photos
  6. bobsummers

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

The school that your mother attended is mostly still there and not bombed out, Give your mother my best wishes I do remember her. was she in Joe parkers class 1A in 1958? there are some photos out there of this class and A2 the following year. I have a photo to repost of the 1st year football team.
  7. bobsummers

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Hi Lyn what was your mothers name and what department did she work in. I was there from 1970/80 and worked in the Pipefitters shop and in the Moulding Block as an Services Engineer.
  8. bobsummers

Re: Cadbury's Bournville Great photos Vivienne, but notice that they have no hair nets, People must of eaten hairy choc's in those days!!
  9. bobsummers

Re: Cadbury's Bournville A few more photos of the workers at Cadbury's circa 1966.
  10. bobsummers

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

Hi Jim & Brian hope these photos help. Others where lost due to some idiots hacking the site
  11. bobsummers

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Yes and hi everyone it was the whiskey a go go. Navigation Street , up the stairs if they would let you in? George Fame was there many times. There is a blog and separate thread on this site. Icon of a club in the mid 60's.
  12. bobsummers

City Centre Photographs

Thanks everyone really enjoyed the last part of this thread. Our town center is a truly wonderful place to be admired and enjoyed both today and in the past. I did happen meet two old architects at the Curzen Street exhibition. They told me it was not their department that knocked down parts...
  13. bobsummers

Stratford Road

Bought my 1st Winkle picker shoes from a fashion shoe shop next to the Army & Navy stores on the Sparkhill Hill close to the boarder with Sparkbrook. Every body in those days late 50's bought there football boots from that Army & Navy stores. Next to Sparkhill Post Office I recall a very trendy...
Back