• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by bobshaw

1. B

dudley road, winson green

Hi Mike, You are a "Star" thanks for the street map, it puts the shop I am looking for further down than I originally thought, so please accept my most sincere thanks for highlighting it for me. Kind regards. Bob Shaw
  2. B

dudley road, winson green

Hi Clive, In your description of various shops along the Dudley Road, you mention a butchers, would you recall if this was called "William H Shaw", (367 Dudley Rd) as I am trying to establish where it might have been, I have looked at the house numbers but they do not seem to make sense. Bob
  3. B

St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill

Hi Ingrid, I spent a long time at St Gerards, cannot remember exactly how long, I may have been about 8 as I remember my 10th Birthday there and was discharged just before my 11th birthday, also I remember that the TV was on nearly all day for the coronation of Elizabeth II that was shown from...
  4. B

Park Street Pubs and Hotels and historic buildings

Hi Terry, Many thanks for the reply, that's really great. It would appear that the photograph came from book, need to trace which one, any ideas? One of the threads says Dennis Williams Re: Park Street Pubs and Hotels and historic buildings On the wall, the sign says "Henry Shaw &...
  5. B

Park Street Pubs and Hotels and historic buildings

Dennis, You posted the picture of the Phoenix Pub in Park Street, where did this come from? In the back ground is a company - Wm Shaw, I would like to try and see what was written under the name. Any help would be appreciated. Bob.
  6. B

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

Hi Mike, I have just been researching Shaw's Passage, although it is my family name I have not as yet made a connection. As you say Henry Shaw & Sons Nail Makers and his son Walter Shaw & Co was on the other side of the viaduct. Residing in Park Street was a John Shaw going back to the...
Back