• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bobrob

1. B

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

" at some works ground ", could well have been BSA ground ' often used for bigger matches
  2. B

Cutler - Glass Merchants

A little late on the thread, I know but my dad , Charlie South worked there for a long time. Had a great fishing club, , contests all over, always stopped at a pub with play area for the kids on the way back. Dave Poole and Hutch singing rock n roll non stop from the back seats of the '...
  3. B

Funny you should say that, I'm getting new specs next week
  4. B

I think you'll agree, or you may not, there is a likeness which is why I thought I might have the right lad in the first place
  5. B

You're right Ritchie , that's his name. I'll work on his first name , it'll come back to me at some point, played for KNG, I'm sure......Thanks......hope you're enjoying the sunshine :cool: Ian Chandler ??? mmm, not sure ,but that's all I'm getting at the moment, I'll keep at it
  6. B

Hi Grame, thanks for letting me know. I think you'll find that he went to KNG as well but 2 maybe 3 years ahead of you . I presume that he will have been their captain at the time too ; your predecessor ?? Will do, Look after yourself too in these difficult times. Bye
  7. B

Hi Graham, if you could kindly look at the photo I posted yesterday, thursday, 10.44pm Bognor 1968. Are you the player 3rd on the left bottom row because he's the lad I'm thinking about but your name doesn't ring any bells and I'm ( usually ) very good with names.
  8. B

Bognor Regis 1968, sorry for the crap photo. The player I'm thinking of is 3 left on the bottom row, FNQBrummi is 3 right top row and I'm 2 right top row, obviously better looking than 3 right but the less said about that the better. Re the 1969 photo , I was going to say that the only player I...
  9. B

My name is Bob South. Waverley Grammar School. I have some memory of meeting up with you ? or whoever a long time afterwards and I have no idea why but perhaps at Billesley Common but that does seem a little bizarre. What's your full name, I'll know it if you're whom I'm thinking about. I...
  10. B

Hi NB, I don't think that one works, it'll need a little more info than that :cool::cool:
  11. B

Hi Ritchie what happened to the rest . You'll have to have another clear out
  12. B

Sorry this relates to Bob Summer's first ever post on the thread, a little late to reply, I know but I have only just seen the picture on his post. I know Ray Howell because we used to play knockabout in Highbury Park, Ray ,myself and my brother Ray South who Bob Summers would have known with...
Back