• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bobg

1. B

Old street pics..

great photos
  2. B

Old street pics..

3. B

The No.14 bus

the number 14 was the night service from town to tile cross, then we had to walk to kingshurst not very pleasant on the back road to the bottom of kingshurst where the lake is now .
  4. B

Old street pics..

good evening alli worked on quite few mods in the seventies and eighties, they were in quite a state I wonder if they are still in good shape or are they just as bad now as they were? from what I've seen on the google street cams some of the areas are a not very nice.
  5. B

Washwood Heath bus garage

tks for you fotos I haven't been on here for a while,any more recent photos from saltley wood be nice tks Rob
  6. B

golden hillock road shops

where is golden hillock road?i can't rember
  7. B

Great Brook Street Barracks

hi am I right in thinking there were barracks on wash wood Heath road in th sixties? rob
  8. B

Old flats on Washwood Heath Rd 1980's

sorry Carole I was born in 54 but I did go to highfield road
  9. B

Kingshurst

hi Diane I too lived on kingshurst in the same times my sister used to work in the newsagents but i vaguely remember the sweet van
  10. B

I agree tony ,does anybody rember the cafe on the corner of wash wood Heath and Wright road ,Ivan recall the guy in ther had one arm I used to go in just to listen to the jukebox ,
  11. B

Christ can't believe it,I came back for a short visit to catch up with some freinds I played football with asa teenager, didn't have time to drive through, I'm up again shortly I will have a look around the old stamping ground ,I think I may be in for a shock. tks Morris anything else you can...
  12. B

good to hear the gardners is still going ,shame about the other pubs ,it's the same here in cornwall, people don't have the money anymore ,is the cross guns still open?
  13. B

thank you,the places brings back some memories, how times change.i know the flats in herrick road was demolished a long time ago,places we grew up and had great fun as kids not there anymore quite sad really ,time goes on.
  14. B

hi route66, I too went to highfield road, what years were you there ?
  15. B

hi is the wash wood Heath bus garage still there? haven't been there in a long time
Back