• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bob Davis

1. Bob Davis

Aston Villa history

And the great Johnny Dixon ah! Happy days, Bob
  2. Bob Davis

Aston Villa history

Can you see me I am ìn this pictures somewhere. The stand the changing rooms are in. August 1952. Walsh scored for Villa and Lishman and Oakes for Arsenal. This was the last season when Dad and I watched regularly as i had started work and also discovered other pursuits, including...
  3. Bob Davis

Kardomah

Reading through this thread, I realised that there has to be an outside chance that two or three BHF members were sat in there, possibly next to each other, not knowing each other on the same day. My friends and I regularly met there Fridays and Saturdays to plan our weekends etc (dancing...
  4. Bob Davis

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVEM

Have a good day Dave and don't forget the photos of the birthday cake Bob
  5. Bob Davis

Test Area

Aaaaah!
  6. Bob Davis

See Birmingham by Post Card

Be posted tomorrow Bob
  7. Bob Davis

See Birmingham by Post Card

I have 19 old postcards, 14 pre 1960 and mainly pre 1940s and 5 modern coloured, all city centre, town hall, art gallery etc. If anyone would like them, please let me know with your address and they will be sent to you. Nothing exciting or dramatic. Bob
  8. Bob Davis

Canals of Birmingham

I thought they were one of the largest barge owners in the country. I am sure they were the principle canal carriers in the West Midlands. Bob
  9. Bob Davis

Warrens Birthday

Many happy returns Bob
  10. Bob Davis

GET WELL SOON ERIC....(cookie273uk)

Look after yourself Eric, keep taking the antibiotìcs plenty of rest. Bob
  11. Bob Davis

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON BHF 2023

A healthy and happy New Year to you all. I hope it brings ýòù all you want. Bob
  12. Bob Davis

Canals of Birmingham

The lorries were not so big then and did not have the carrying capacity of the modern vehicles, they were basically the forerunners of the Bedford TKs, capable of carrying about 1500kgs (Sorry for the change of measurement). Somewhere in the dark and distant past from my time in building 3...
  13. Bob Davis

Pele RIP

Farewell to another great. RIP
  14. Bob Davis

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

Çome on man up and write a country and wesfern song about it yeehaw ah shucks you might have a white christmas ENJOY Bob
  15. Bob Davis

Sutton Park

When you look closely at the two pictures side by side you can identify quite a number of them in both photos including the boy Bob
Back