• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bob Davis

1. Bob Davis

TV Help - Remote

Yesterday, trying to be clever and do three things at once, one of which involved using the remote, a sky model , which I dropped, caught, dropped and juggled before it fell on the floor. When I looked at the screen a black half insert with white writing came up, I did not look at it pressed...
  2. Bob Davis

ITS GG Jean BIRTHDAY TODAY FOLKS

Happy Birthday Jean
  3. Bob Davis

Spears factory in Great Hampton Row

Cannings used to deal with Spears, was there any connection between A W Eacock and 'Harry' Eacock who worked at Cannings? Bob Davis
  4. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

That is a fine looking clematis Bob
  5. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Smudger You are right, Mods sorry, its the house arrest syndrome Bob
  6. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

The day the music died. Bob
  7. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Its taken me over a week and then it was only Richard's reply that showed me the brilliance of your riposte. Very funny Bob
  8. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Heuchera, my favourite plant, I have about 8/9 in my garden Lime Ricky, Christmas Rose, Traffic Light, Marmalade and I was in my element when my son in law took me to a little garden centre in Glos, near the Hereford border where they had over 100 varieties. Bob
  9. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Right as your agent for the newly formed Pubs in the Garden Pond company the first question is are we giving BHF members a preferential discount? RHS rang and said had you entered it at Chelsea it was a cert for a gold!!! Bob
  10. Bob Davis

Educating children about the canals

Thank you Richard, I must admit when Wilbur and I discussed his first flight he did not make it quite so clear, seriously I never really understood it until reading your reply....now about Occam's Razor, sorry should have said elevator. Bob
  11. Bob Davis

Situation Comedy

Spot on with all your comments there, Sid James & Kenneth Williams never really forgave him. However the point of the reply is to say what an eyeopener the programme on BBC2 on Saturday night about John Le Meseuier was. Hancock & Le Meseieur were close friends, John divorced Hattie Jacques...
  12. Bob Davis

OK, I have been in the lifts in the WTC when it was up, Burj Khalifa, The Shard and Petronas Towers and they had lift, but when we landed we were still in the same place, so what went wrong? I think more information is needed especially in these trying times as we all go stir crazy. Bob
  13. Bob Davis

Thank you, professor. Bob
  14. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Thanks saved me taking a photo, except I have got six, but they are very new, because they ae still in the bunch formation and not moving far from their parents, whose fourth year this is, First year 6, then 5, then 4 and this year 6. Mind you do have to be careful where you walk as they leave...
  15. Bob Davis

In the Garden 2020

Went to work today to sort out some paperwork and the premises are set in 21 aces behind a house which the MD lives in and we have driveway down to the industrial bit. Part of the landscaping alongside the driveway includes a small lake (or large goldfish pond). And lo & behold as I drove...