• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bob Davis's latest activity

• Bob Davis
    Agree about Portillo and most of the rest. Seen one or two excellent programmes on BBC 4 recently, the problem with a lot of the other...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to suemalings's post in the thread What do you watch on tv nowadays ? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    We have just found Sky Arts. Isn't it wonderful, at last something we can watch!
  • Bob Davis
    Well said, it seems that there are no standards taught in schools these days, I suppose they are all to busy being told that they can...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread What do you watch on tv nowadays ? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    There's nothing wrong with having standards Eric, and why should we accept it if it's something we don't agree with? That's part of the...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I wouldn't be without a tablet they have many advantages. I have an iPhone but find it too small for serious online work. My family are...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to ColinPT's post in the thread Brookvale Park & Witton Lakes with Appreciate Appreciate.
    From 1963 to 1974 I lived in one of the four-storey maisonettes in Faulkner's Farm Drive, overlooking the Lakes, where friends and I...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis replied to the thread Windows 10.
    Thanks for the advice, could not install Chrome, as the Google thing is still prominent when you switch on. The irony is my son is an...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to cookie273uk's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thanks all for explanation, I'm at an age when it difficult to grasp new technologies but I have an idea now what it is. I will stick to...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to Richarddye's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I had an old iPad that had a similar problems as did my wife MacBook pro (or something like that) The MacBook was circa 2007 and when we...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to oldMohawk's post in the thread Windows 10 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    My old iPad will not update above iOS9 and runs so slow it is like watching paint dry. It is almost as if the updates have slowed it...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis replied to the thread Windows 10.
    I have an old ipad, which I only use for searching Google, but latterly every time I put a search in a message from Google comes up...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis replied to the thread Give us yer donny.
    de la bouche du cheval. Merci Monsieur Bob
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to Nico's post in the thread Give us yer donny with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have just asked my partner who is French. Cul de sac means just what you have all said, the bottom of the bag, and bottom like a rear...
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to Dave M's post in the thread National Memorial Arboretum with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Gallipoli Memorial 3rd June 2004 2020
  • Bob Davis
    Bob Davis reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Is this in Birmingham? with Appreciate Appreciate.
    to be honest pedro i can only see one smiling face...in my experience the people who had photos taken back then usually looked serious...