• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by bluebrummie

1. bluebrummie

Username changes 2014 - 2018

Hi, I was wondering is there any way to change my user name on here?
  2. bluebrummie

Looking For Any Possible Family Ties To The Famous Music Hall Star Nellie Wallace

Thanks for replying MWS, Unfortunately I don't have a lot to go on either! My Dad never spoke much about the family. Thomas is indeed her Dad and Florence Ives (Not Clamp?) is her Mom. Her brother was Sam Ives. This is information I got from My Dad's Cousin in Canada who has also passed...
  3. bluebrummie

Looking For Any Possible Family Ties To The Famous Music Hall Star Nellie Wallace

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with any genealogy information about the famous music hall star Nellie Wallace (Born in Glasgow 1870, Died in London 1948)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nellie_Wallace Are you related to her in any way? My Dad (R.I.P.) always mentioned her...
  4. bluebrummie

How Do I Find Further Canal Boat Information For Alcott Family, Wolverhampton

Thank you Carolina, Regards, Frank.
  5. bluebrummie

Hi Lyn, Thank you and you are welcome. It is my dream to live on a canal boat or at least holiday on one, never say never hey?! Regards, Frank.
  6. bluebrummie

Hi, I have recently had some certificates sent me regarding my Mom's side, the Alcott's who have a history of canal boating back to the 1700's. My Granddad, Oliver was born in 1915 on the "Sutherland", Hay Basin, Broad Street, Wolverhampton. His father, my Great Grandfather, Albert is on his...
  7. bluebrummie

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

Things are so much different these days Alan! :-)
  8. bluebrummie

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

Yes they did Maria. :-)
  9. bluebrummie

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

It sure is Lyn! I am not sure, a fiver I think? :-)
  10. bluebrummie

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

OK so who remembers when Travel Cards were like this? LOL. This is from 1982 and is the first one I had after I left school. Note: Black and White photo's were much cheaper back then! Ha ha. :-D
  11. bluebrummie

The Two Hands, The Packhorse, The Cheshire Cat and The Harlequin - Shard End!

Forgive me for the late reply! :-) I did not know this was here and I haven't been on for a long while now! Oh my gosh! I remember you! I was blue 6. :-D
  12. bluebrummie

The Two Hands, The Packhorse, The Cheshire Cat and The Harlequin - Shard End!

Forgive me Terry for the late reply! :-) I did not know this was here and I haven't been on for a long while now! Yes and I do believe you are the same Terry I spoke to on the Shard End group on Facebook! ;-)
  13. bluebrummie

Wallace Nellie AKA Eleanor Jane Wallis Tayler!

It as been a while since I went on this website (longer than I thought) and last time i cam on here I was looking for any links that I have been told I may have between my family and Nellie Wallace? I did get this message sent me but I don't think that person is on here anymore? "I notice you...