• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Blondy

1. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer APOLOGIES to ALL who have contacted me in the past few months with out a response from me. I am quite embarrassed really after you have all been so helpful in the past but technology problems yet again. I promise to catch up at the weekend now I have yet another...
  2. B

Coton Road, Whitacre Heath

loisand Apologies for the time delay in getting your info but I work permanant late shift, which is why I dont visit the site as often as I would like to. Thank you for taking the time to look for info - the house they live in is in front of the old Buchan site (garden backs onto site)and...
  3. B

Coton Road, Whitacre Heath

I have a request for a friend if anyone can help They live by the old Buchan concrete site and apart from accessing their deeds to the house is there anyway they can find out how old their home is? After typing in the name of the house and road all we can find is that Whitacre Heath was a...
  4. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer Hi Alf thanks - it would appear he wasnt too bad at it then:thumbsup::)
  5. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer Its nice to see them even if you didnt know them I think, as i haven't seen much of Dads side for many years I dont have photos etc so having to do it the extra hard way. Good pics and more info to add to the history of ... folder
  6. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer Claire Thanks for that just had a look there does appear to be a resemblance with my dad in his younger years. Great help once again :thumbsup:
  7. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer Hi Claire Yes that would be the right date
  8. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Re: John(Jack) Hood Boxer Hi Stitcher - thanks for that I think :) i have contacted many who say also they are rellies of him but their info is different to mine but have found a pic of him in the forum but is quite shaded due to the pose
  9. B

Burbury Street School

My Great Great Aunt Frances Tyers was a schoolteacher, I dont have anything else on what or where she taught but would be grateful if anyone knows of her. Also her Father Edwin Tyers was a schoolteacher ring any bells for anyone? Regards Max
  10. B

Sorrento Hospital Nursing Home

I too have a wry smile when I say I was born in "Sorrento" in 1965.
  11. B

Hood John(Jack) Boxer

Hi I have asked for help before and received many a helpful response thanks to all. I am asking for help again and I was wondering if anyone out there has any pictures of Jack Hood - my Dad says he is his uncle, Dads mother was Clara Hood(I believe she used Whitaker as her name when she...
  12. B

Hunt/tyers

Hi Pom I certainly hope so - just have to obtain the birth cert, fingers crossed. Thanks Regards Max
  13. B

Hunt/tyers

Hi Lloyd Thank You for the details will try again in person. Regards Max
  14. B

Hunt/tyers

Thanks for the reply and info - my great aunt says she remembers it saying William Edward and Mary as she has the original but has put it away somewhere safe!!! She says that she thinks either her mothers maiden name was smith or marys mothers name was smith. I have tried ordering certs but...
  15. B

Hunt/tyers

Hi does anyone have any connection/information regarding Louisa Elizabeth Hunt b 1888 Birmingham married Francis(Frank) Tyers in 1906, they had 13 children my GM Phyllis, GAs Olga(Pat), Thelma, Frances(Gina), Doris, Mildred, Edna, GUs Frank, Bill, John, Ron, William. Louisa was my GGM. I have...
Back