• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by blessed

1. B

BENNETT, BYFIELD, WEST , CLARKE, HOLLAND, DAMMS

So happy to have obtained an old photo of my Grandmother, then, Emma Eliza Byfield, wearing an army uniform during W.W1, sitting along another lady/ young woman dressed the same, with a couple of folk standing behind her. Apparently it was considered good luck to put on the uniform of a loved...
  2. B

Advice on best Birmingham newpapers for reporting of court convictions

Mentioned by Ls48029 Aug 18 2022 that the name Shadrack as a Christian/First Name is correct that it is unusual, but there is a well known ' A Narrative of a Light Company's Service' written by Shadrack Byfield a British infantryman in the 41st. Regiment during the 1812 war in Canada. A very...
  3. B

Thankyou wonderfulmemories for that interesting information, there is a chance your grandmother is related to mine. I will have to try piecing it all together and see if your grandmother is one of my Greatgrandfather's sibling's children., Arthur Byfield's /brother's /children. Sounds a bit...
  4. B

You people are so very generous in the help towards finding my families in Birmingham, I am gradually attempting to make sense of the information. It is so very interesting to me to gather this info. from people that actually live in the city/surrounding areas that my ancestors and present-day...
  5. B

Thanks! anyway Graham S: it is an on- going interest to see whether any Birmingham relations happen to reply as I have posted as much info. about the Bennett, Byfield, Damms, Clark families of which I know. Cheers!
  6. B

Hey! Lonnie, have a merry Christmas and of course, all the best for 2023. Thanks also for the info on the Byfield brothers, I can be quietly confident that they are my relations, have neglected family ancestory lately, while trying to get this damn strumming (ukulele) somewhere near decent has...
  7. B

G'day Lonnie, there were many ex-Brit- Military guys whom served with my regiment S.A.S.R in and many other arms of the Australian Defence Forces, as you know, over the years in South Vietnam and recent middle- east 'theatres', as I still keep in touch through my Association, whom meet once a...
  8. B

G'day Lonnie, wow! 'a lifer', mate you certainly got around the place. With my situation, I'm a military novice in comparison. Being a carpenter by trade and as soon as I finished my apprenticeship I was called up for 2 years national service by birth ballot system. After recruit training...
  9. B

Thankyou su mo&curly for your thoughtful offer to add anymore of my Byfield ancestors/relatives, it is all so interesting, also I have learnt so much over the years about Birmingham, apart from just the genealogy side. I am also always interested in any other information which may be relevant to...
  10. B

Hey! Lonnie thanks a lot for your interest in my search for relatives, I guess Nigel and Martyn could be cousins. I have not any knowledge that they are though, as of yet anyway. I also served in the military, infantry, Vietnam 1968-69 & 71. Cheers Mate. Lindsay Bennett.
  11. B

Hi! Fearny, I was on Ancestry for a short time and am hoping to seek out any relatives in Birmingham, mainly because it seems much more personal to contact a distant family member via this forum and maybe even more information may found. Thankyou, Lindsay William Bennett.
  12. B

Hi! Arley, it seems that you may not have received my last reply to you . My grandfather's sister, Ellen Marguerite Bennett married Arthur Edward Clark, August 1929 in Balsall Heath. Ellen was born 12th April 1906 to William Benjamin Bennett and Ellen Bennett (nee Damms) and passed away October...
Back