• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bish Bong

1. B

The Leys - Formans Road

I went to this school in the early fifties, left in 1955. Remember Mr Wildboar the woodwork teacher, Mr Schofield metalwork teacher, Mr Brittain who had a nasty twitch caused during the war. In those days we given a good training in crafts which proved to be very useful in my working life.
  2. B

The Brewer And Baker..ravenhurst St

I first went into the Brewer & Baker in 1957 as an eighteen year old with a friend who was a year older than me. We went there as it was known as the cider house, where you could get Scrumpy, had a few sore heads by going there.
  3. B

Bishop Street

I was born in Birmingham in 1939 & lived in Bishop Street, quite a co-incidence given my surname. My father worked in a factory opposite our house, which I believe was called Weathershields. Early in the war we were in the underground shelter of the factory during an air raid and on coming out...
Back