• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bill Boyd

1. B

Villa Cross

I used to drink in The villa cross, i miss it but this covid has got me trapd in ireland , hope to get back soon.
  2. B

HAPPY 90TH COOKIE273UK (eric)

ive not been on for a long time but great time for happy birthday
  3. B

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Kids in them days had to wear hand downs so that might be why they don't fit
  4. B

The cane at school

I got the cane at upper Thomas St, I can't remember what for but I no it hurt.
  5. B

REMEMBERANCE DAY IN BIRMINGHAM 10th NOV 2019

Great photograph.
  6. B

St Barnabas Churchyard

This is misleading John Knight, as the article you provide a link to is SEVEN years old ! ie 14th October 2012 !
  7. B

Convention Centre & Broad Street - historic photos

It made me shudder looking at the Broad Street photographs, realising how close it was to The Registry office and getting married there arghhhhhhh.
  8. B

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Why would an M and B pub have an Ansells sign over it ? strange.
  9. B

RIP Astonian (Alan)

RIP my old mate.
  10. B

RIP Astonian (Alan)

Have you done it as a private message John, I cant post onto his page as I am not one of his Friends .
  11. B

RIP Astonian (Alan)

Its not possible to leave a message on Facebook !
  12. B

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

The Church in the distance Viv is St Pauls, its now called St Pauls and St Silas.
  13. B

Bloomsbury Street

Birmingham Council information Bloomsbury Library ........ Maybe they reduced the amount of books, perhaps there are not so many people in the area who are interested in reading !! "]www.birmingham.gov.uk/directory_record/5127/bloomsbury_library_at_the_pod
  14. B

Erdington

Lady P, i think you will find that the spiritualist church closed down a few years back, the building however is still there.
Back