• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Bill Boyd

1. B

Wills Street

was the flats been done now.
  2. B

HAPPY 90TH COOKIE273UK (eric)

ive not been on for a long time but great time for happy birthday
  3. B

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Kids in them days had to wear hand downs so that might be why they don't fit
  4. B

The cane at school

I got the cane at upper Thomas St, I can't remember what for but I no it hurt.
  5. B

REMEMBERANCE DAY IN BIRMINGHAM 10th NOV 2019

Great photograph.
  6. B

Wills Street

Cheers Lozellian, i no they say you shouldnt go back. But i liked it round that way.
  7. B

Wills Street

Dam, i was looking forward to looking at one of those flats.
  8. B

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted

Great photograph.
  9. B

St Barnabas Churchyard

This is misleading John Knight, as the article you provide a link to is SEVEN years old ! ie 14th October 2012 !
  10. B

Wills Street

Hello Astoness , I was involved in building work, and as an Irish fella, i lived where there were plenty of Irish people, most of my time around that arer i lived in wretham road, also hunters road, it was a good place for pubs to.
  11. B

Wills Street

I wouldnt mind to go and live back that way if i could get a flat in the new building.
  12. B

Convention Centre & Broad Street - historic photos

It made me shudder looking at the Broad Street photographs, realising how close it was to The Registry office and getting married there arghhhhhhh.
  13. B

Wills Street

Can you put the map on here so we can see it .
  14. B

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Why would an M and B pub have an Ansells sign over it ? strange.
  15. B

Not as young as you were ?

I think i am one of those lucky people who is still fit even at my age .