• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Big Gee's latest activity

• B
    Big Gee replied to the thread George Dixons Grammar School.
    I attended 58 - 64. I've tried explaining to my friends and family about Porky Walker and his violence. A Yorkshire phsycopath who'd...
  • B
    Big Gee replied to the thread THESE TRYING TIMES.
    A few years ago I had a nasty attack of norovirus which kept me in bed for well over a week, and caused serious dehydration and muscular...
  • B
    My old man never said a lot about his work, but I do recall him saying he was spending time doing some kind of maintenance in the...
  • B
    Hi Genmac, my father Eddie Bryant worked for Birlec in those days, and did a good deal of furnace installation and serving at IMI. Much...
  • B
    Big Gee reacted to Genmac's post in the thread Explosion at IMI, Witton late 1960;s with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Between 1963 to 1969 I worked as an IMI member of staff in the New Metals Research which included work on Melting and Casting Titanium...
  • B
    Big Gee replied to the thread Delivery slots.
    After I couldn't get any delivery slots this year (not really...) at the start of all this, I did what I'd been meaning to do for ages...
  • B
    Another possibly little-known fact about Southwold is that it was shelled, in 1917, by ships and a submarine of the German Navy. No-one...
  • B
    On the aforementioned 'touring' holiday in 1982, we went and had a look at Dunwich, which was and is subject to erosion by the sea. It...
  • B
    Big Gee reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Co-operative Hall - Pershore Road South with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Here is photo of the building while it was a Tascos
  • B
    That's a great photo! In the late 60's and early 70's I worked for Triplex Safety Glass, just up the road from the Co-Op. I'm sure I...
  • B
    Big Gee reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    You have reminded me that I should be using the lockdown to type up my notes on this journey which started at Greenwich. The Essex...
  • B
    We'd both love to repeat that holiday, but in the intervening almost 40 years my ability to drive more than a few miles has all but...
  • B
    I think it was The Jolly Sailor we stayed at in Orford - very close to the water. Just about skint us as well! G
  • B
    M Pubs, back in the early 1980's we had a holiday wholly in East Anglia, one of the best we can remember. Blue skies every day for a...
  • B
    Big Gee reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread THESE TRYING TIMES with Appreciate Appreciate.
    We cycled that coastline last year, stopping at all the pubs! This was our beer at Southwold ..