• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by BEV FIRMAN

1. B

Harborne..Victoria Rd "The Royal Academy of Dancing"

In 1963. I attended Ballet School in Victoria rd Harborne . Just wondered what happened to the school. I now see from Goggle maps its a Nursery.
  2. B

Tiverton Road Baths Selly Oak

I too remember Tiverton Road baths ,it was a beautiful building. My sister (now 65! )had to be "fished out"with a pole as she was not a good swimmer. Such HAPPY MEMORIES.
  3. B

MAP IRVING ST AND HURST ST PLEASE

Hi there I also have been a fairly new member and am grateful for this thread re IRVING ST. I have discovered a ancestor WILLIAM FOREMAN (but changed his name to FIRMAN on the1881 census -aged 71or 75 )lodged with the TYLER family at 46th COURT, 5TH HOUSE IRVING ST. He was employed as a...
  4. B

Stonehouse Lane, California / Quinton

With grateful thanks again to L-Local history master brummie for all the communications and now seeing an actual photograph of WILLIAM FIRMAN my Great Uncle ……This has been an emotional journey in discovering so much about his life and learning of the connections to my family of Bartley Green...
  5. B

Hi there again to master brummie….wow ..can t thank you enough for even more information! Once you start this journey its absolutely amazing what comes to light. Again ,I greatly appreciate your time and efforts. Yes, my father is KENNETH FIRMAN and it now appears your information is correct and...
  6. B

THANK YOU so very much for spending the time to reply. I m absolutely amazed by the information you have forwarded. I have now recently purchased a book on Bartley Green history that shows pictures of JAMES WHEELER which I have shown to all the family, all are staggered to see the...
  7. B

Hi..i am a new member to this site and have been trying to trace my family history and came across the above threads.My Great grandfather {according to my baby book!!} was JAMES WHEELER-BRICKWORKER-FOREMAN.BORN APPROX 1872 WOODGATE QUINTON AND DIED AGE 54.HE WAS MARRIED TO MARY WARNER-BORN AT...
Back