• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by bert morel

1. B

male munitions workers

So interesting to see the image and map, Mikejee, thank you. Oldmohawk, I would love to see that footage! But when I click the link, it says the video is not authorized for my location, which is Canada.:frown:
  2. B

male munitions workers

What a fantastic photo!
  3. B

Mills munitions factory bridge st west

Hello, I'm new to the group and am researching an ancestor of mine named Charles Bertram Morel, who normally lived in Lambeth but worked at a munitions factory in Birmingham from at least December 1916, when the job (though not Birmingham) is noted on his marriage certificate. I am trying to...
  4. B

male munitions workers

Thank you! Going there now.
  5. B

male munitions workers

Hi Astoness. I've muddled this a bit. His marriage certificate says only that he was a munitions worker, and he gives his address as Lingham Street in Stockwell. It's family lore that tells us he worked in Birmingham at this time, so I have no proof of that, though the information came from his...
  6. B

male munitions workers

Hello, I'm new to the group and am researching an ancestor of mine named Charles Bertram Morel, who normally lived in Lambeth but worked at a munitions factory in Birmingham from at least December 1916, when the job is noted on his marriage certificate. I am trying to narrow down the...
Back