• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Berrihert

1. B

Birmingham Cinemas

(CONTINUED) THE "CINEBOWL" IN STIRCHLEY had the idea of adding a bowling alley but it was well liked because it had double back seats and was pitch black so popular with "courting couples" you i did not go to watch the film. The Cinephone on the edge of town...
  2. B

Birmingham Cinemas

Suppose one should restore the balance here.In the sixties Cinemas still retained there 1930's ambience.These are details of the ones I recall!!(all n the South side of Town. The very large Kingsway in High st Kings Heath now demolished I think!.. It had 2 uniformed...
  3. B

Posh Coffee Bars in Brum

there were some photos of "Cindys and "The Gigi" on facebook a few months back.I will try and check. Bernie
  4. B

Posh Coffee Bars in Brum

Good photo but deceptive! as I recall in was in quite a narrow passageway the wall opposite, most interestingly had about 50 years of graffitti on it from World War 11 victory signs to CND anti- Polaris and fascist BAP!At the top was a branch of CIVIC Records which had...
  5. B

Posh Coffee Bars in Brum

I spent many hours in these places around 1963-5!The GI-Gi in Moseley was my local.I have an old menu and some photos somewhere!I also frequented The "Stage Door" in town which was the Mod hang out".The Scorpion" in Kings Heath was handy for the nearby Ritz Ballroom but...
Back