• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by berniesims

1. B

Heaton

Hi Lisaman I have details of Heaton tree going back 5 more generations from Richard (1755-1839). Also have info on Maria's other sister Kaziah. She married into money (John Yates - who's company made spoons, etc) and lived in Chester Road, Boldmere. Would be good to compare notes
  2. B

Printer's Compositor

Hi Lorraine. I was a printer at James Upton starting in 1973 and worked for them until 2000. I remember the name "Ernie Reader". Would be great if you could post a copy of the picture you mention.
  3. B

Flower Sellers

Mary Sutton's son Billy took up the stall on New Street Station. He always gave my mom large bunches of flowers on her way home from work.
Back