• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Berger50

1. B

Birmingham boxers?

Hiya, yes it was sad Dave suffered dementia and was admitted to a home and died in there, i went to his funeral with dad who a few years later got dementia and was in the same home as Dave and died within 12 months of going in the home. Dave was a lovely man as you say along with the rest of the...
  2. B

Birmingham boxers?

HI my name Is Keith Reuben, my father was Percy Reuben he was an amateur boxer in the 40s and 50s, 2 of his brothers Dave Reuben and Joe Reuben were both Professionals and they all knew lots of people around the birmingham area associated with boxing. I have a bit of dads memorabilia of his...
  3. B

the bulls head..pritchett st

Hello Tony, iv jut spoke to Dave and told him you been in touch he was well chuffed he said he aint seen you or Terry in years, and he was saying that kevin jones (BONER) was asking about Terry too he aint seen hin in 40 years, i said to Dave you should arrange a get together while you still can...
  4. B

Hello Tony i know Terry i worked at the Jag with him and also you and terry kmow my brother Dave Reuben, im Keith Reuben. How is terry im back at jaguar now and afew people are still there from the ealy 80s when i was there with Terry, Another of Terrys mates from the fan is here he has been...
  5. B

Hiya i used to work at the top of pritchet street in 1977 i used to love going down the bulls head most days and sometimes of a night too, Bill and Desi used to run the place back then and there were lots of characters in that pub, the beer was second to none I worked at the midland fan co ltd...
  6. B

Lost Lidos

Re: Bourneville Lido Hi i Remember the Rowheath lido and i used to be in there all summer and i used to play in the park too it was my hangout as a kid. I lived in selly oak road from 1968 and my father passed in 2007 he still lived there. The lido was brill back then its such a shame it was...
  7. B

Birmingham boxers?

Ok thank you very much. Keith Reuben
  8. B

Birmingham Old Time Boxers Club

Hello does anyone remember the Birmingham Old Time Boxers Club which was by the Blues ground, i went there as a kid with my Dad Percy i remember watching him have an exhibition fight there i seem to remember someone hadnt turned up and they asked him to go in the ring. Id like to fing some more...
  9. B

Birmingham boxers?

Hi Paul thanks for your reply, thats ok, Johnny and Don were always together apparently they were big mates, Don is in Eddies Fewtrels book King Of Clubs with Dave Reuben as Dave and Eddie Were good friends too. Ok i have read a lot of things on this site and found it really good. Thanks for...
  10. B

Birmingham boxers?

Thank you very much. Keith
  11. B

Birmingham boxers?

Hello Do you remember his mate Don Reuben he was my cousin, he also had an E type and sadly died in it. I am looking for any info on th Reubens as Dave Reuben was my dads brother who was Percy. Not may of us left now I do have some memorabilia of my late dads boxing carrer but looking for more...
Back