• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bazaston

1. B

Aston Pictures

Re #256, 2 is Porchester st, 4 is looking at Wheeler st Gerard st junction from rear of demolished site of Cadwalladers shopfitters,look at the sign above shop, top right,sure this is what was Crabtrees.Check against pic on #287.
  2. B

Alma Street Junior & Infants

Attended 1954-59 Some teachers names from class 1 Miss Jones,2,Mrs Robinson 3,Miss Hughes ?4,Mrs Coopland 5,?6?7,Mr McGill ,8 Mrs Osbaldiston 9,Mr Harvey later replaced by Mr Edwards when Mr Harvey left and went to Paget Rd. Classes 1-4 were at the top of the playground the others were at the...
  3. B

Velocette factories

This was the Excelsior Works,visited for spares for 125cc Courier.
  4. B

New library.

I was thinking along the lines of the existing building minus its concrete outer shell, i.e the re-enforcing bars on show----- but brillo pad is more apt,true brummie style !
  5. B

George Hughes, Wheelmakers

Thanks Mike
  6. B

George Hughes, Wheelmakers

I used to go George Hughes factory around Tyburn regularly from 1973 to repair their forktruck but cant remember exact address,can anyone confirm address ?
  7. B

Moseley Road Baths

Re: Moseley Road Baths, August 2009 We should do everthing we can to preserve this in its entirety,it should not be allowed to go the same way as Victoria Rd,Woodcock St,Saltley etc,ect.
  8. B

Hi Astoness thanks for your pics of guildford st,bought back many memories
  9. B

Hooray someone else went there.I started in 1953 and left in 1959.As soon as I saw Mr McGills name I went straight back to class 7 room, at the top of the iron fire escape staircase,with the smell of TCP,he was in charge of first aid.Sadly Mr Hinchcliffe has died.There is a good pic on freinds...
  10. B

Fleet Air Arm

Try this (www.fleetairarmarchive.net) and (www.fleetairarm.com) for the museum.
  11. B

Manor Park School Vicarage Road

Pauline has e-mailed yourself Pat and Pauline,she has recieved a reply from Pauilne who is in Canada.Regarding spelling you are assuming my version is correct I have my doubts.Baz
  12. B

Manor Park School Vicarage Road

Thanks Jean, I remember this as Sheherzade,recognise two faces Pauline and Pat S
  13. B

Dunlop Building

Surely this is Holly Lane Erdington.
  14. B

Canal Boatman/Bargee

Try this site it may help (www.canalmuseum.org.uk/collection/family-history.htm)
  15. B

Freebies

Have you tried these Picasa for pics storage and Google earth to view anywhere on the planet,from overhead your house to where ever you want on ther planet,or see the stars at any of ther same points.
Back