• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Bayliss53

1. B

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Thanks for replying. My grt,grt,grt grandmother Elizabeth b 1823 married Richard Goldby in 1867, but they didn't stay together long. They were found to have argued in the street about Richard having an afair with a lady he worked with at a Hotel (So it says in a newspaper cutting I have)...
  2. B

Pubs Of The Past

Yes I have it in my collection. Great photo. Thanks Peter
  3. B

Pubs Of The Past

R. J .Bradshaws Dinning rooms in Dudley Street used to run by my great, great, great grandmother Elizabeth Bayliss, she was also known as Elizabeth Goldby. She ran the dinning rooms between 1871 till she died in 1881 when her daughter Mary Ann Sparrow ran it for a short while. Regards Peter...
  4. B

Pubs Of The Past

Sorry this reply is not about pubs but the shop next door I think belong to my ancestors the "Landcastle Family" then later on a Joseph Hampton. Can anyone remember the shop! (sorry this thread was to go with the photo of the Shakespeare Inn on Great Colmore Road) Regards Peter Bayliss
  5. B

Birmingham boxers?

Hi I am interested in finding out if anyone has knowledge of my Great grandfather Frank Bayliss b1885 also known as Francis Gabriel Bayliss and Frank Hughes, and his son Charles Henry Bayliss . I have knowledge of Frank fighting between 1903 to 1908 and Charles fighting 1926 - 1928. Frank fought...
Back