• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by batmadviv

1. B

Stechford - The Village

All connections with Stoney Lane are long gone. Sorry cannot help you.
  2. B

Stechford - The Village

Lyn, I was married at All Saints Church almost 54 years ago. Same husband that you met when we visited you.
  3. B

Stechford - The Village

Lyn, I believe it is. It was my primary school as a child and I lived 3 houses away from the school in Francis Road when I was older.
  4. B

Stechford - The Village

Albert road is straight ahead with shops just after the school on the left and more shops on the right.Richmond Road is on the left and Lyttleton Road on the right.
  5. B

Marston Green Hospital

6. B

Birmingham Open Air Schools - Cropwood, Hunter's Hill, Marsh Hill and Skilts (excl. Haseley Hall and Uffculme)

I was a pupil at Cropwood for 2 years from 1954 to 1956 (age 6 to 8) and rather enjoyed it. Miss Urquhart was the head, Miss Williamson the deputy, Mrs P Z Zoar and Miss Meadows were teachers. 80 girls were divided into 4 classes. We had to clean and polish our winter shoes or summer sandals...
  7. B

Royal Warwickshire Regiment - Lebisey Normandy Memorial

Sorry about my previous comment about Bayeux. I should have written Caen museum. It is splendid. The Bayeux museum houses the tapestry. Well worth seeing though.
  8. B

If you have time the Bayeux war museum is excellent to visit.
  9. B

Coincidentally a great uncle of my husband is also remembered on the same wall.
  10. B

A cousin of my mother, Captain Joseph Coley was in the Warwickshires. His name is on the wall at Arras as no body was found.
  11. B

A cousin of my mother, Captain Joseph Coley was in the Warwickshires. His name is on the wall at Arras as no body was found.
  12. B

Marston Green Hospital

Hello. We have moved around a little but not that far.
  13. B

Marston Green Hospital

kmt My father was a Canadian soldier in WW2 and was hospitalised at Marston Green Military Hospital. batmadviv
Back