• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Avolon

1. Avolon

help please.....

I have tried to restore the detail
  2. Avolon

Hicken, Henry & Clara

Shera and Barrie I have a vague memory of Fieldhead road being mentioned, and I now know where it is. Many thanks Suemalings Thanks for the info on Google Maps I have just had a look for Sandy Hill and Fieldhead road
  3. Avolon

Hicken, Henry & Clara

I'm trying to trace the houses my parent Harry/Henry and Clara Hicken lived in between the time they where married 1929 to 1948 In 1929 Harry/Henry was living at 1/89 Victoria Road Aston In 1948 they where living 124 Sandy Hill Road Shirley
  4. Avolon

Chelmsley Wood.

Hi The Shopping Centre was opened on Wednesday 7th April 1971
  5. Avolon

Elmdon Airport

Sorry, the photo I posted is the only I have
  6. Avolon

Elmdon Airport

We always went to the Childrens Christmas Party's at the airport, my father was the man who did the entertainment. The highlight for me was watching Father Christmas arrive by Plane. Does anyone else remember going to the party's at the airport
  7. Avolon

Elmdon Airport

Graham nice bit of info on the plane oldmohawk Thanks, I've been trying to find out when my Father joined the Airport Staff and that date helps a lot
  8. Avolon

Elmdon Airport

My Dad worked at the Elmdon Airport when Nikita Khrushchev came to Birmingham Attached is a Photo of Khrushchev arriving at the airport, my Dad is also in the photo Does anyone know what year it was
  9. Avolon

Regiment Identification

Hi Ray Thanks for the info I will try and get a copy of his Army Records David
  10. Avolon

Regiment Identification

Alf Thanks for the Links I shall have a look at those web sites Nick You could be right, The only information we is that he was once despatch rider Many thanks David
  11. Avolon

Regiment Identification

Can anyone Identify the Regiment my father was in by the arm badge in the photo
Back