• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by atimetokiln

1. A

Wrensons

Hi, my Dad was manager of Wrensons on Hawthorn Road from 1950 - 1954. I was born over Wrensons in August 1951 :)
  2. A

Erdington - Gravelly Lane

By the way, they had lived there since 1857 so were probably living there at the time of your postcard. Incredible. Jenny
  3. A

Erdington - Gravelly Lane

Oh Wow There's my gran and grandad's house. In the early 50's I used to walk down to the shops from the row of houses on the left hand side of the black and white picture. They were about 9 houses up on the left past the row of shops. What memories. Thanks Jenny
  4. A

Where is this ? Corner Shop

Is it Gravelly Lane in Erdington Jenny
  5. A

Sir Josiah Masons Orphange admissions and discharge

Hello Christine Did you have any luck finding out where we can locate records. My grandfather Samuel Joseph Bennett was in Josias Masons Orphanage from 1857. Thanks Jenny
  6. A

Lewis's Department Store

My goodness Steve that's brought back a memory or two. That marble/stone staircase and we queued for what seemed like years and as you say to be greeted by Uncle Holly. Fabulous memories. What about the lifts though and the lift man who talked you through the contents of each floor. "Going...
  7. A

Wrensons

Hi, I'm new to this site but wanted to let you know that I was born over Wrensons in 1951 in Hawthorn Road. My Dad, John Bagnall was Manager at the time and I think we were there for around 5 years (prior and after my birth). I've been trying to locate some old photos of my "birthplace" for...
Back