• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by astwood

1. A

Herbert Road Small Heath

Great pictures of Herbert Road my 3x grandfather William joyce lived at No 99 in 1881
  2. A

Wheeler Street lozells

My great grandfather george arthur joyce was living at 1 back 20 wheeler Street in the 1890s he was a police constable
  3. A

Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards etc

Re: Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards The churchyard was closed for ordinary burials in 1848 whereafter interments were conducted at park street burial ground Burials in family plots continued up to 1915 in 1880 the churchyard was laid out as a...
  4. A

Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards etc

Re: Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards dave Im glad you got a copy mate all the best with your research pete
  5. A

Re: Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards Dave Email me you can have my copy son ok
  6. A

Re: Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards Dave Yes the book covers churches dates of opening and closing it was published by the Birmingham library services i got it inthe 90s only £3 -50 astwood
  7. A

Re: Birmingham and areas covered now by Birmingham -Cemeteries and Church Graveyards I have a book called In The Midst of Life which is a history of the burial grounds of birmingham what places are you interested in as there are so many of them astwood
  8. A

A short film on slum housing in Bolton Road Small Heath 1973

At the time of that film of bolton road i was living in cooksey road the next street up I had forgotten how bad it was in the area back then rats everywhere but the boltons beer was ok
  9. A

Burials of inhabitants of Sambourn, Warwickshire.

Most of my wifes ancestors were from sambourne they were nearly all buried at coughton they were all christened and married there as well
  10. A

Enquire Within Upon Everything

I have a book CONSULT ME for all you want to know by the author of ENQUIRE WITHIN published in 1883 it was given as a christmas present in 1889 to my great aunt from my great grandfather its full of remedies recepies card games and all sorts of things very interesting reading astwood
  11. A

George Arthur Joyce

old boy Thanks for the link mate all the best astwood
  12. A

George Arthur Joyce

My ancestor george arthur joyce was a policeman in birmingham from about 1891 during this time he lived at wheeler street then wiggin street what police stations would be local to these areas astwood
  13. A

Maudsley Car Manufacturers

Wendy My brother used to work for the maudslay at great alne near alcester but i think they had few divisions in coventry and brum they were took over by a north american company rockwell i believe astwood;)
  14. A

Gun Trade Factories

HELLO SAXONW My ancestors lived at house back of 27 slaney street from 1841-1861 there names were joyce the sons were gunmakers astwood:D
Back