• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Astonian

1. A

Navigation Inn Kings Norton

to day i was taken to birmingham and we went down through the green at kings norton, and i looked towards the old historic pub called the Navigagation now that is a long historic pub remaining of brum history going back years and i found it all boarded up can anybody telll me when and how long...
  2. A

Kensington Road Selly Park

Hi Mike The answer to your question was it kensington road or green land road it was for fact it was Kensington road 3 parts up the hill on the right hand side of the road definate clee house, and it was built on high ground ,you had to walk up the high slope...
  3. A

Kensington Road Selly Park

Hi Humprey and mike I have just been readin the recent thread of g,s about the lake at the rear of kensinton road with great intrest as i know the selly park inhabitants well almost i beleive i did should i say...
  4. A

Burbury Street School

Hi VIV Here is a picture of old Ickneild street it,s self facing Hingestion street heading towards the Ickneild street school where i attended along with my two cousins the phelps of ford street hockley the picture of the school is early one long before my attendants thank god it was not as...
  5. A

Canals of Birmingham

Hi ellbrown I have to say how great your photographs are brilliently taken in angles You must be like me , whom enjoys the waterways at every given day as a young kid even in youth spent thousands of hours down on the cut ...
  6. A

HAYNES family.

Hi exbrummie Further to your request in searching for the haynes family a member called rupert contacted you and brought to your attention of a mr ted haynes whom you think may be related and this was Alum rock road and the corner...
  7. A

Digbeth Pubs

Well Kieron; i think we all be looking foreward to your plan, i certainly will be looking out for it as i do have an intrest pubs and that particular pub included and i have spent a fortune in that pub the rose taveren very good old friends of mine Astonian,,,
  8. A

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

where the lamp out side the building you are on about is an opening that when you look into it it goes down a slope and directtly wher you see the men folk would have been postal sorting or postal office workers and low on the ground nbehind them if you was there at the time of period you would...
  9. A

viv the picture i am looking at was the sign on the wall and some one said about the plaque on the wall thats why i said you have to back to the eagle days because where you only see half the wording in white paint and that is the left hand of the picture where the basket and cart is standing...
  10. A

incidently the front door was a series of stepps that you enterend and walked up the stair case to the actual bar rooms there was no ground bar rooms down on the ground floor astonian,,
  11. A

I think you may have to go back further on this one its obvisioly a wine bar and resturuant with rooms to let accomodation for over night vistitors possibly a members club and this would have been just before they changed it to the eagles pub for jazz in later years so what ever you...
  12. A

Old Birmingham addresses

yes it abit strange was,nt it our old address 5/92 lichfield road Aston birmingham B6 Warickshire , But now we use the district of west midlands plus a series of extra coded numbers at the end of your address we lived up a terrace called cromwell Square on the old Emunarators rolls of...
  13. A

Spring Hill roller rink

Hi Rosie and lynn As a kid growing up around the other side of the rink wich was on our block of houses where we all lived and brought up in cluding our dear old friend mossy whom was up the road as well from the rink...
  14. A

Lichfield Road Aston

Hi old mowhawk i have a book of the old trams and listings of the servicesand time travells i will try and sort the book out later today regarding the ending of the tracks i can recall them moving the tram tracks around aston best wishes Alan Astonian,,,
  15. A

Thornton Road Junior School

Hi VIV Nice viv i also have that picture i was in two minds the other night to put it up but i thought different as i was looking at it in stead i put GEC Photograhs instead if we are reading out of the same bible i think i have the actual photo as well...
Back