• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Astley

1. A

Various pubs

Sure is.... we went to the same school, albeit for a short time for me, worked in the same area I feel I have known you years, Sue
  2. A

Various pubs

I worked there for nearly 5 years, from leaving school until I got married in 1972, I was a jewellery case liner, they also did clocks. Sue
  3. A

Various pubs

They were .......happy days...... you say you worked in Vyse st was it near Warstone lane, I seem to recall it was, I worked at Anstey & Wilson in Warstone Ln But thats another story ha ha. Please call me Sue.
  4. A

Various pubs

It was about 64-68 I think it could have been a separates shop which also sold handbags I had a lovely black suede duffle bag that I had saved weeks for, needles to say Dad made the money up for me, After he came out of the pub, bless him.
  5. A

Various pubs

Brings back so many memories, can anyone remember if there was a handbag shop next door, I think it was the shop next to this pub that I used to longing look through the window while waiting for Dad to come out of the pub, how I wish those days where still here so much has changed.
  6. A

David Weaver wonders.

My Nan lived in Bandywood, could it be her.
  7. A

David Weaver wonders.

Hi David, My Mom was a Weaver, her name was Gwen she lived in Kingstanding and she had 4 brothers and 4 sisters, her sisters are still alive but sadly Mom and my uncles are no longer with us, could we somewhere along the line be related.
  8. A

Summer Lane

This a great photo, thank you Astoness, or can I call you Lyn, yes you can just about see our house, or as you say the attic window above the bus, you were right in saying it was taken after 65, we moved out in 64 or 65 and the esso garage wasn't there then, oh, and there is the best fish and...
  9. A

Summer Lane Pubs

This picture of the bulls head brings back so many memories I lived in the first house next to it on summer lane back in the late 50s early 60s my friend maria johnson lived in the 3rd house along new summer st
  10. A

Courtyards and yards of brum

Does anyone know whereabouts in Summer Lane this photo was taken, I lived at 342 in the 60s.
  11. A

Kenyon st Hockley

Anstey & Wilson brings back so many memories, it was my first job after leaving school in 1968.
  12. A

Old street pics..

Hi Pete, just spotted where you lived and now live, I to lived in Summer lane and now in Cornwall, would be interesting to know when, where and what school you went to. Love looking through this site brings back so many good memories.
Back