• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by ash5896

1. A

Washwood Heath bus garage

Hi If I remember correctly Roy Hackett finished off on medical grounds too. Can't remember what it was for exactly now. Think it was around 2005/2006ish Hope that helps Ash
  2. A

Hi Les No problem, to be honest i do miss the buses but i dont think it would be the same now
  3. A

Former B.C.T. bus garage Lea Hall is to close

thanks for that. didn't realise they auctioned the buses off too. anyway a few months back i saw 3022 (think it was an AG Bus) here in Bradford where i live now. It was just parked up there for a good few weeks then just disappeared.its amazing how many old TWM buses you see where you least...
  4. A

I do not know of any party,s I hope to be there on the friday 24 and the saturday 25 to get a few photos hi Not been on the forum for awhile, did you manage to get any pictures at lea hall when it closed? would be really grateful to see them if you did get any cheers
  5. A

Hi I worked at washwood heath for a very short while and was moved to Lea Hall I started there in 1993 and was finished off in 2008 on medical grounds. if it helps I think Rod Cole retired due to medical grounds Ron Daley retired in 2003 Tony haywood is a General manager @ Perry barr i think...
  6. A

I started at Lea Hall in 1993 and was finished on medical grounds in 2008, i worked on the Radleys for a year then the TX rota (14) and was road rep for a few years too. I then became a traffic controller in 2002 and went sick in 2006 due to a serious spinal injury. i miss LH dearly and have...
Back