• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by anthea

1. anthea

IT'S LYNS (ASTONESS )BIRTHDAY TO DAY FOLKS.

Best wishes Lyn for a very happy Birthday from Anthea
  2. anthea

RIP PHIL

May you rest in peace, Phil. My condolences to all his family.
  3. anthea

Birmingham museum and art gallery.

Priceless...
  4. anthea

Saint Mary's church Warwick

Eric, I enjoy looking at all your artwork, thank you for sharing. Anthea.
  5. anthea

The Home Guard

Hello Geoff, My Dad was in the Home Guard at the Corporation Salvage Department in Monument Road if memory serves me right. He used to teach First Aid and I still have his First Aid Manual !! I used to polish the buttons on his greatcoat for him, but I was just a kid then....My Dad would have...
  6. anthea

The Valley pub, Billesley

Streamboy, you brought back some good memories for me.....I went to the same air show on Billesley Common with my family and gazed in wonder as the Harrier Jump Jet - went up and down - as you described it and the Vulcan bomber so loud as to nearly deafen everyone. When we arrived home, the...
  7. anthea

HAPPY 90TH COOKIE273UK (eric)

Eric, Very Best Wishes to you on your Birthday from Anthea.
  8. anthea

Garbett Street, Ladywood

Hi Lyn, Just checked up, and my Gran passed away in 1961, so not the lady in the photo. Anthea.
  9. anthea

Garbett Street, Ladywood

My Grandmother lived at 49 Garbett Street for many years and I have fond memories of visiting her after shopping with my mother on The Flat where we went to the butcher's shop to collect our meat 'ration' of. Gran eventually moved from the front house to live with her daughter in one of the...
  10. anthea

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

To answer Tim: No! ;):mad:
  11. anthea

I and a friend ate at the Kam Ling restaurant in Livery Street when it first opened in the 1950's for a treat after we had been shopping for clothes (as girls do)...I loved Lychees (spelling?) for dessert. Anthea
  12. anthea

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN (Astoness)

WITH ALL GOOD WISHES ON YOUR BIRTHDAY LYN from ANTHEA
  13. anthea

Co.Op.number.

I think that maybe quite a few people who remember their mother's Co-op number use it for their passwords as I do.
  14. anthea

My friend and I ate at the Kam Ling restaurant after shopping for clothes etc., on a Saturday morning during the 1950's and I think Kam Ling restaurant was the first Chinese restaurant in Birmingham (I daresay someone will correct me if I am wrong!). Anthea
  15. anthea

Where did you live

Born in Harborne B17 on a new estate before the district border changed over to Quinton B32., (a long time ago!!) then to Hall Green and then moved to Devon.