• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

anthea's latest activity

• anthea
    a job in the town thanks Warren for your hard work getting the forum up and running while you felt smeggy with tonsillitis
  • anthea
    anthea replied to the thread its mikejees birthday.
    Happy Birthday Mike although belated......
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Strawberry Hunter's post in the thread IN OUR GARDEN 2024 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Well, I did the jet washing!!!! Thank goodness all of that green yuk has gone. Just a few corners to tidy and jet wash, but most of it...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Phil B's post in the thread The Cadbury Family with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi Mike, just out of interest can you pin-point 93 Bull Street please? I've found this 1840 ish street map while looking for "The...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Dennis Williams's post in the thread The Cadbury Family with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Now we come to one of the most important and prolific families in Brum’s history - the CADBURYS. And there are a heck of a lot of them...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Lindegren with Appreciate Appreciate.
    You haven't asked a question. Nor have you said what you are trying to find out. Therefore it is difficult to respond. A polite request...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to lella's post in the thread Brummie Ghosts with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This is a pretty old thread but id like to add my story. As a child I used to live down Mossfield Rd in Kings Heath, in a detached house...
  • anthea
    anthea replied to the thread its vivienne14s birthday.
    Vivienne, Wishing you a Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns of the day. Anthea.
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Warley Woods with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Warley Abbey photographed in 1956 before demolition the following year.
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Warley Woods with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I was one when 'Warley Abbey' was demolished, so I have only seen paintings and photographs. Does anyone remember the building? Folk...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to rosie's post in the thread Warley Woods with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A few years ago There were some excavations done and the foundations were exposed, I was told they would be made into flower beds but...
  • anthea
    anthea replied to the thread Happy birthday Anthea.
    Thank you John L for your good wishes I enjoyed my Birthday with my family. thank
  • anthea
    Thank you oldbrit for your good wishes much appreciated. Anthea
  • anthea
    Thank you Pete
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Apparent random problem with the forum with Appreciate Appreciate.
    There has today occurred a problem for some members , which appears to affect only some people (two so far including a moderator). The...
Back