• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Anj

1. A

Cashmore pistol makers

We believe therre is a link, but so far only tenuous - the Gilberts seem to have worked for J Cashmore.... and in our search for ancestors we know that Gilberts married into the gun making line
  2. A

Cashmore pistol makers

yep, thats my ancestor
  3. A

Cashmore pistol makers

There was a whole family of West Bromwich Cashmores involved from at least late 1700s to early 1900s. they owned their own munitions factory in Newton Street, West Bromwich.
  4. A

Cashmore pistol makers

William Cashmore and Paul Cashmore are not the same family. William Cashmore Newton Street, Birmingham whilst Paul Cashmore was Newton Street, West Bromwich in the Black Country. Cashmore was linked with Pryce - not Price... they were Pryse and Cashmore guns which Daws a London broker sold...
  5. A

Cashmore pistol makers

Hi William Cashmore of Birmingham, should not be confused with the Cashmores of West Bromwich who owned a small munitions factory. I have traced the line, so far, back to the late 1700s when one of the family was a pistol filer...... following which a family - grandfather, father, sons, sons...
  6. A

Pryse the gunmakers

Hi I have been researching the Cashmore gunmakers and in particular Paul Cashmore who it would appear had some connection with your Charles Pryse - they produced a revolver which was patented by one George Daw and is known as a Daw gun, even though he did not make it. I have an article...
  7. A

Cashmore pistol makers

Hi Mhall yes I have a wealth of information. I am related through my grandmother, as I said above, to Paul Cashmore. Paul Cashmore of James Cashmore and Phoebe Gilbert, married Sarah Marsh in 1842. Their children were Emma; Ann Allerd Cashmore who married a Welch; Edwin who married Elizabeth...
  8. A

Webley Family of Webley Scott gun manufacturers...help

My ancestors were the Cashmores from Newton Street,West Bromwich where they had a small arms factory. From my recent research they began back in the 1780s, maybe earlier and there were several James, Pauls, Levis, Edwins all Cashmore - father, grandfather, brothers and sons.... Paul Cashmore...
  9. A

Cashmore pistol makers

See my comments above.
  10. A

Cashmore pistol makers

Thank you I did not have this information. I am related to Paul Cashmore through my grandmother.
  11. A

Cashmore pistol makers

I am related to Paul Cashmore through my grandmother Selina Cashmore.... see my comments above.
  12. A

Cashmore pistol makers

please see my reply above.... William and Paul were two separate parts of the Cashmore family as far as I can make out. I am related to Paul Cashmore through my grandmother.... but have not yet been able to make a connection to 'that' William Cashmore who made rifles for the Australia market...
  13. A

Cashmore pistol makers

Bee Gee ''There's a lot of info and photos on the net about Paul Cashmore, William Cashmore, and Price & Cashmore, all gun-makers in and around Birmingham in the 19th century. From what I gather, Australia was W Cashmore's major market for his shotguns, and I also have a vague memory of reading...
Back