• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Angela H 1976

1. Angela H 1976

Alma Street School

Hi there, I don't know Joanne, what house was she in, I was in Kenilworth. I was talking to my mom, she said it was like a dress shop selling haberdashery, her mom used to send her to get things from there was it a lady called Irene? I know of Marian, I know her daughter Louise, Marians husband...
  2. Angela H 1976

Alma Street School

Hi there, yes isn't it a small world, I can't believe that, we live on Anstey. I did go to Great Barr School, My form tutor was Mrs Bojan, I was born in 1976, I probably did know her. Yes my nan Winifred used to use the shops a lot or send my mom around on an errand. What shop did they own? My...
  3. Angela H 1976

Alma Street School

Hi Margaret, great to hear back from you. Yes I have Barry Brotherhood on facebook to, my mom isn't on there though, she's only just using email, lol. I will ask my mom if she remembers the lady next door, can you remember her name, what my mom told me there was a few shops around. We live off...
  4. Angela H 1976

Alma Street School

Hi Marg, I have been chatting to my mom, she remembers you very well, I think she as a pic of you on a school photo. Mom said do you still live local. We live in Great Barr. She said to say hello. Kind regards Angela
  5. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

Thank you for posting the booklet Mike.
  6. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

No problem, my mom and dad are in the wedding announcement. My mom keeps a lots of stuff, we even have a prisoner of war stamp token of the amount 3d and a newspaper clipping of my granddad in a newspaper after coming back from the D-Day landings wounded. Yes will be interesting to see if anyone...
  7. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

It's a shame I can't upload anymore of the pages of the Insight mag. I will ask my dad if he remembers them name you mentioned.
  8. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

Thank you. I still have more of this booklet but it's saying file too large to upload.
  9. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

Sorry having problems downloading saying it's to large x
  10. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

This is a Tucker's booklet (Insight 6) 1970, my dad and mom are in this Page 11 photo 9. Sorry if this is in sections.
  11. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

The man playing violin is Arnold Quale and the lady is Rosie Owen.
  12. Angela H 1976

Tucker Eyelets

Picture of Tuckers. My dad David Hill is in a blue Shirt and brown jumper standing behind the women. Not sure who the violin player is, but will have to ask my dad if he remembers. This photo was taken 1974.
  13. Angela H 1976

Lucas Great King Street memories

Lucas works photo. My mom (Rita Willetts) is at the front next to the lady in the white top and long hair. The other picture is a works outing my mom is in the Turquoise twin suit and the white hair band. I will have a look if there are anymore photo's as a lot have come out the photo album and...
  14. Angela H 1976

Lucas Great King Street memories

I will ask my parents if they remember her.
Back