• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Andy from Panks

1. A

Bakery shops

Hi all I can confirm Harper Harris were above Gregory Panks on the top floor.
  2. A

Bakery shops

No it could have been chip shop next door
  3. A

Bakery shops

We were 86/87
  4. A

Bakery shops

Now that is very interesting to me. I would love to see a picture if anyone has one. Thanks for the info.
  5. A

Bakery shops

Can anyone think of a chain of bakery shops back in the 70s other then braggs,Gregg's,and firkins please
  6. A

Pubs Of The Past

The Roebuck what a stunning building
  7. A

Gregory Pank Hardware Shop Digbeth

Hi friend I'm there on Friday from 9.30am for a couple of hours if you want take a look .
  8. A

Gp plastics had the rear of the shop and their name came from Gregory Pank hence GP. I believe they started there at the beginning of Tony Wisemans time there late 60's early 70's.
  9. A

No mate don't want it back we just need to rule out those people been linked to the wisemans
  10. A

If anyone should fancy a look tomorrow at 1.30 PM for an hour or so then message me on 07981 998357. I'm taking some people on a tour of the shop and its history tomorrow and I welcome anyone that's interested.
  11. A

Step shaft in cellar
  12. A

They are truly and theyve been sat in a dirty environment in the same place for so long. I used a tooth brush and a vacuum to clean them then a slash of WD40.
  13. A

Scales from Panks that weighed the nails , nuts and bolts for at least 40yrs.
  14. A

Thanks Lyn.
Back