• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Andrew Hope

1. Andrew Hope

Birmingham Cinemas

Greetings, I was a projectionist at the Clifton and Beacon way back in the late 60's, the projectors were BTH mk2 the same at both cinemas, think the box was accesed from the a door in the upstairs foyer, been a long time. Andrew
  2. Andrew Hope

Prefabs

Hello, I lived at 1 Desford Avenue, right on the Beeches Road, now the M6 motorway, which road did you live on. Andrew Hope.
  3. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades rink area 1960's

The pictures are the same building, we had to enter from the bowling alley downstairs, the ramp is not in use, maybe there is damage to the other side of the rink after the fire, I never asked, or maybe some other work is being done and its not finished, its the same building and ice surface but...
  4. Andrew Hope

Think you saw these pictures before but it's always nice to remeber how the building used to look like, maybe it will bought back to its former glory one day, I wonder if all the silver sheets cover up the fire damage.
  5. Andrew Hope

On a recent visit to Birmingham I took these pictures at the Silver Blades. Not the place it used to be.
  6. Andrew Hope

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

I found a picture of my mom and some of her workmates at Kynoch ammunishons shop. Could have been taken in the late 1950's, she is in the second row on the right.
  7. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Hello Wendy, hope to come back in October this year, may have time to visit the Blades again if I get up to Birmingham. It was so nice to be able visit again. Cynthia and me were very good friends some forty years ago, so nice to see each other again after all that time. How do you put pictures...
  8. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Well I did it, last month June, I visited the Silver Blades with a friend that I used to skate with, we were able to see the ice rink once again, we had to enter from the bowling alley, it was not the place it used to be, it is shame what has happend to the rink, I was able to take some...
  9. Andrew Hope

Prefabs

Hello from Stoney Creek, I lived for many years at 1 Desford Avenue, Beeches Estate, these were prefabs just off the Beeches Road, I have a picture of some of my relatives on the avenue and will post it as soon as I can, I had many happy years there and now all is gone thanks to the M6 motorway.
  10. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Hi Wendy I have added the sound track to the pictures that were uploaded before, its the same link at www.hamiltonstampclub.com/rink.html If anymore pictures turn up I will put them on the page for safe keeping. Hope you like it. Andrew.
  11. Andrew Hope

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Even after all these years I beleive someone in The City Of Birmingham should be held responsible for the way the young children of that time were treated by these teachers, it is a life long bad memory for a lot of people and it could have damaged there whole life, I still remeber Mr Robinson...
  12. Andrew Hope

Perry Beeches Secondary School

I was wondering if you were punished by one of these horrible teachers from the past if legal action can be taken against the Birmingham Department of Education for the things they did to us back then, it must have effected a lot of people who were very young then, it could have coursed a lot of...
  13. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades Ice Rink

Hello Wendy, hope you are OK, I have the task of running out stamp club web page and have lots of space, I have put some of the pictures I downloaded from the Brum site on that site, here is the address, drop in anytime, your picture is there too, www.hamiltonstampclub.com/rink.html Bye for...
  14. Andrew Hope

Silver Blades Ice Rink

I still have the deleted pictures from this post, may post them on my own webpage. www.hamiltonstampclub.com/rink.html in the very near future. Andrew.
  15. Andrew Hope

Internet Explorer 9

I am now using windows 7 as I have a new computer, now I am unable to see any thumbnails, it says they are there I can't pull them up, any help would be most welcome. Andrew Hope
Back