• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Andi123

1. A

Yardley Wood

My mom was caretaker of the church hall - Christ Church and we used to go to Flints - I went to HH school and we lived on Prince of Wales Lane. Dad frequented the social club for a game of dominoes and a “shandy” aka pints of mild! We hoped to get chosen to clean up wedding confetti at the...
  2. A

St Joseph's Nechells Lookups

The burial records are at St Chad. The priest isn't particularly helpful and really doesn't appear interested - it seems people are an inconvenience. He limits the number of people to 2 and you are not allowed to take phone in - just a pencil and pad. The plan of the graveyard is at the church...
  3. A

St Joseph's Nechells Lookups

I spoke to a chap a few years ago - Danny and he was available to meet to look at the records that are at St Joseph's. I didn't manage to catch up with him but need to now so plan to phone the church and see how I get on. I can't see a link on the website showing burials but years ago there was...
Back