• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by AMW

1. A

Aston Interactive Map

Will do. Thank you.
  2. A

Aston Interactive Map

Oops sorry. This isn't a photograph.
  3. A

Aston Interactive Map

Hi My Great Grand Mother lived at No 79. Can I keep a copy of this picture please for my family history?
  4. A

Aston Interactive Map

Hi this is taken from Cycling 08 August 1891
  5. A

(Nat) ??

That's interesting Janice his birth name was John Athur James Callow.
  6. A

(Nat) ??

Could be, I've never seen it written before.
  7. A

(Nat) ??

Hi Does anyone know what (Nat) would mean in this context please. Best wishes Alison
  8. A

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

So sorry to hear such sad news. I've not been a member long and yet Maurice always seemed to help. My thoughts are with his family.
  9. A

Writing up family history

P.s. Chris did you do a talk called 'When the Lights went out in Birmingham'?
  10. A

That would be fab. I would love to see the contents page please. Best wishes Alison
  11. A

Birth Certificate: ‘Occasional Copy: A’

Strange that they are both named Doris though.
  12. A

Yes they are. He went on to marry May in the 1960s. She was actually Betsy's sister. He was living with May in the 1939 register.
  13. A

Got the birth certificate and Doris Joan Callow as born in December 1928 and is the daughter of George and May. She was adopted. How would I find out more about the adoption please. Best wishes Alison
  14. A

Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I hadn't heard of Occam's Razor until I looked it up and it really makes sense. Loved the identification too about making the wrong assumptions. I certainly identify with that :)
  15. A

"PostIts" is a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. I must say this has knocked my confidence a few times as I have looked at other people's research and doubted my own research only to find that I was right.
Back